Military Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2000 to 2006 USAF Robins AFB GA

Crew Chief on KC-135 Tankers...NKAWTG:rockin:

My military experience is whats paying my college now. (GI Bill):mug:

USAF 2007-present flightline avionics
Yokota AFB

haha i've only been at my first duty station for two months and im already excited to get out. :ban:

2004-Present

US Army
Arabic Interpreter/Intel 2006-Present
n40602660_32606447_1928.jpg

Field Artillery "Gun Bunny" 2004-2006
l_2ad2d208ac862fdbbdaed62e2e0bc1a1.jpg

US Army Military Police. SSG

1997-present

Kosovo
Afghanistan
Iraq
Iraq
Brussels-Current (life is so hard)

Tim

W_I_M_P. You cant spell wimp without an MP.

Sorry brotha... had to do it. In all reality, I have the most respect for 95% of you guys. You work hard in country. And I got my fair share of razzing with the LT bashing cadence before I got my prison bars.

Your duty station is about as good as the dude in England. I have a friend I know who spent a few years in Brussels. Lucky ****ers!!

'98 -'04 All of it at Ft. Campbell, KY (except for 7 months in Afghanistan and a year in Iraq)

15r APACHE MECHANIC / CREWCHIEF :rockin:

87-94 AirForce Desert Storm, Europe, Alaska
94-02 Army NG La. Flight Medic

89-92
Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
Military Police... funny how that training prepped me to be a High School teacher for the last 13 years!!

Funny video:

[youtube]5m-egy9wQxo[/youtube]

But Navy wins anyways!!!:ban:

Funny video:

[youtube]5m-egy9wQxo[/youtube]

But Navy wins anyways!!!:ban:

My wife just asked me, "What are you laughing so hard at?"

Because I was damn near falling off my chair, laughter interspersed with "Oh, no they DIDN'T!"

Army may have lost the football game, but Annapolis got leafleted, and that's a win in my book. After all, Army is who conducts psycholigical operations! I've got a shoebox somewhere with pounds of leaflets from Grenada through Desert Storm I...

Bob

US Army Civil Affairs & Psychological Operations Command (USASOC), 1991-1994

US Army 2000-present My MOS was 21H3P5W

FT. Bragg
FT. Richardson
Florida

Afghanistan 05-06
Iraq 07-08

I took a green to gold scholarship, as it seems the Army needs officers. I get a three year break with no deployments. In three years, my old lady will be ready for me to go back.

I saw a while back a post about poeple willing to help troops coming back from a deployment get into brewing beer. I cant find it, I live in columbus, OH and would like to start brewing beer. I have read a lot about (I had a lot of time) but would also like to work with someone that may be willing. Thanks

Happy Holidays my fellow military brewers on this day I would like to offer up a prayer that was told to me a few years ago at my first Christmas here in Iraq

Almighty and most merciful Father,
We humbly beseech Thee, of thy great goodness,
During this Holy Season, and the year to come,
Look down and graciously hearken to us as soldiers, who call upon Thee,
That armed with Thy power, we may advance, from victory to victory,
And crush the oppression and wickedness of out enemies,
and establish Thy justice among men and Nations.
Amen.

I saw a while back a post about poeple willing to help troops coming back from a deployment get into brewing beer. I cant find it, I live in columbus, OH and would like to start brewing beer. I have read a lot about (I had a lot of time) but would also like to work with someone that may be willing. Thanks

Hey partner,
Did you get the help you were looking for or are you still interested in getting into brewing? I'm not in the state of Ohio, but I'm sure I can help you get in touch with the right people.

Hey guys, figured I would check in. The internet in Baghdad has HBT blocked. I got to come home for christmas for R&R so its been nice for the past few days. Head back Jan 10th and then hopefully home 6 months after that. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey guys, figured I would check in. The internet in Baghdad has HBT blocked. I got to come home for christmas for R&R so its been nice for the past few days. Head back Jan 10th and then hopefully home 6 months after that. Hope everyone is doing well!

Welcome Back! even if it is only for a few days. Ever get over to TQ? I know it's crazy, but I kinda miss the place.

US Navy June 22, 1993 - Nov 1 2001. Nuke MM1.

Three Mediterranean/Persian Gulf deployments on CVN-65 USS Enterprise.

On my last deployment, we had just left the Persian Gulf the morning of Sept. 11. We got turned around and sent back with no communications to the outside world for almost a month. I got one launch and one catch from that ship, passed through Bahrain for processing twice. Been to the sandbox (Jebel Ali) more times than I care to remember. But never did make it across the equator. I would have stayed in, but I was getting divorced and I was going to get custody of my kids. They needed me more than the service did.

For all the military types out there.

Hey, Shipwreck by Patrick Hrabe::The First Episode

For everyone who hasn't seen it yet, it's a series of computer animation cartoons based on a future Navy. This was a great hit in the office I work out of. We are mostly all ex-Navy types, and it will be most familiar to Navy types, but I think that just about anyone from the military will find this all funny.

USAF Weather Forecaster
Mar 2003 - 2009

03-04 Keesler AFB
04-07 Davis-Monthan AFB
07-08 Yongsan Garrison, ROK
08-09 Ft Campbell, KY

July 08 -Jan 09 Bagram AB, Afghanistan

Seperating in March and getting married

Leaving As$-Crackistan in 6 days. Looking forward to brewing my very first beer when i get back!

USAF Weather Forecaster
Mar 2003 - 2009

03-04 Keesler AFB
04-07 Davis-Monthan AFB
07-08 Yongsan Garrison, ROK
08-09 Ft Campbell, KY

July 08 -Jan 09 Bagram AB, Afghanistan

Seperating in March and getting married

Leaving As$-Crackistan in 6 days. Looking forward to brewing my very first beer when i get back!

Welcome, we've got at least two other USAF weather forcasters here as well.

schmidtosu, how did you like weather? My window to cross train in coming up in about a year, and I am thinking either weather or eod.

Hmm, how do I like weather?

Will you enjoy people blaming you if they cant fly? (this happens)

Will you enjoy hearing "When's this rain gonna stop?" or "When's it going to snow?" (I got that last question for 3 months straight over here)

Or perhaps this gem "Where were you on that one Weather?" after an earthquake...as if I can magically forecast an earthquake...(If I could i would be living in California making MILLIONS of dollars thanks)

People are generally uneducated about what we do and what we offer as forecasters. We are highly educated, and for the most part, motivated people. We dont like to be wrong, and we certainly dont want to put pilots into dangerous situations....However, there is a bit of "art" that goes with the science part of the job, and yes, mistakes will be made. And as long as you can work on a forecast for hours, checking and double checking everything, and then have some idiot come up to you the next day going "Wow, you didnt say it was gonna be so windy yesterday" without killing him, then take your shot. Otherwise, disarming bombs might be a better option :)

Honestly, its a tough career field, and pretty thankless. People remember the bad forecasts, and quickly forget that you gave them MONTHS of spot on weather for missions. If you have thick skin, and can let the bad roll off, its really not a bad job.

But I warn you now. There will be days where the weather makes NO SENSE!! Winds out of no where....a freak rainshower at 3 in the morning, or fog out of the blue when the sun comes up (we call this "Sunrise suprise"). This can be VERY FRUSTRATING! So if you have trouble with dealing with being wrong (like me) it might not be the best option.

My advice to you, is to go to the base weather station and get as many opinions as you can. Everyone varies on their opinions about this career field.

GOOD LUCK!:D

Back