Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs. Irritating?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Rowe: Irritating or Not Irritating

• Irritating

• Not Irritating

Results are only viewable after voting.

highgravitybacon

Reaction score
Mike Row pre "Deadliest Catch" narrator: not irritating.
After: kind of irritating.
Mike Rowe after Ford Commercials: Rather irritating.

Discuss.

Just doing his job. I voted not irritating. I hardly watch the show though (rarely Dirty Jobs and never on the crab show.)

I think he is one of the coolest guys on TV, plus he has a real head on this shoulders, unlike so many in that industry. Read somewhere he has some type of degree, not sure anymore what it is.

Not irritating, but over-saturated. His voice is very recognizable and I hear him narrating a lot of shows. He must be making a mint and I wish him the best.

Also a pretty funny guy:[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4qk6a_mike-rowe-on-qvc-katsak_fun"]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4qk6a_mike-rowe-on-qvc-katsak_fun[/ame]

vNmd said:
Not irritating, but over-saturated. His voice is very recognizable and I hear him narrating a lot of shows. He must be making a mint and I wish him the best.

+1

Enjoyed him very much on Dirty Jobs!

Yeah, like everyone, I used to be swayed by his boyish charms, but his damned commercials are so *****ey and annoying that I can't watch anything with him in it.

IRRITATING.

I think he is one of the coolest guys on TV, plus he has a real head on this shoulders, unlike so many in that industry. Read somewhere he has some type of degree, not sure anymore what it is.

Plus, I know he is from Baltimore. I went to school with his nephew. I believe he is an opera singer?

Yep. Good ole Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Rowe

I don't really have an opinion as I haven't watched much of him, but he is a craft beer lover. They filmed an episode of Dirty Jobs near me and he came into the local brewpub one day. The kitchen staff brought out a nasty old apron for him to autograph. I wasn't there but apparently he was really down to earth and accommodating.

Yeah, I like him but the commercials are irritating. Now, I wonder how much Stamos got paid to look like a total ****** in the latest yoghurt commercial.

Mike Rowe is 'merica

Yeah, I like him but the commercials are irritating. Now, I wonder how much Stamos got paid to look like a total ****** in the latest yoghurt commercial.

His last name sounds Greek...'mericans, thats why.

Yoghurt fine sir? I think you mean Ice Chream

I don't really have an opinion as I haven't watched much of him, but he is a craft beer lover. They filmed an episode of Dirty Jobs near me and he came into the local brewpub one day. The kitchen staff brought out a nasty old apron for him to autograph. I wasn't there but apparently he was really down to earth and accommodating.

I'm on my phone and thought your avatar was a rabbit doing something naughty.

He seems like he'd be a nice enough guy in person but yeah, super annoying in commercials. Hopefully they just wrote the commercials that way and he isn't ad-libbing *****eyness.

I've never seen him on TV (don't watch) but I know who he is from google. He's very cute. So I voted "not irritating" because I wouldn't mind looking at him either he spoke or not.

Despite the commercials, he seems like a genuine nice guy, who understands and appreciates the hard, difficult work of the real people in America. I bet he'd love to homebrew.

I'd vote for him over many of the idiots "running" this country.

GilaMinumBeer said:
Meh. If I met "Progressive Flo" at a bar I'd be happy to buy her a drink or three.

That chick on the commercial I want to throat punch so she'll shut the bless up.

The girl that plays Flo was in the Groundlings, the same comedy troupe that spawned Paul Rubens' PeeWee Herman career. She'd probably be really cool in person. Mike Rowe would probably be an interesting guy to talk to as well. Even if they do make *****ey commercials.

Plus, I know he is from Baltimore. I went to school with his nephew. I believe he is an opera singer?

Yep. Good ole Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Rowe
What Wiki doesn't tell you is, when he started high school he stuttered. His choir teacher "cured" him of that, and got him into Barbershop singing, which is how he ended up in the opera -- and doing what he is today.

Link

Edit: In the intro to that article, Mike makes mention of SPEBSQSA, the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of BarberShop Quartet Singing in America; now known as the Barbershop Harmony Society.

I vote not. Like others have said kinda over saturated but seems like a regular guy. And I mean regular regular and not the BM regular, although I'm sure he's that too...

We should crowdfund a homebrew kit to sent to Mike Rowe AND a lifetime membership to HBT.com

Mike Rowe is a great person. He rally's for blue collar workers and supports the growth of American industry. Do your homework, OP.

Is this why you 7% are annoyed?

1175705_645077788835701_598231552_n.jpg

So many ways to be annoyed...
  • the bald buy not drinking his beer
  • the bald guy not looking at something obviously hot
  • me not eating out of Kari's hands
  • Rowe not eating out of my hands...

Back