Midwest Supply Amarillo kit.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremy586

Reaction score
I got a Amarillo pale ale kit from Midwest Supply. Has anyone tried it? Is good, bad or just another pale ale? I'm going all grain and wondering if I should tweak it a bit. I have not tried any of their kits before.

I have not tried any of Midwest's kits either, but I hear most of them are good. If it was me, I would try the kit as-is. Then if you decide to buy it again, you will know if the recipe needs tweaking.

Cheers

How did this kit turn out? I plan on brewing it tomorrow and I was thinking about dry hopping it with .5oz of Amarillo I have laying around, any thoughts?

SlickWilly said:
How did this kit turn out? I plan on brewing it tomorrow and I was thinking about dry hopping it with .5oz of Amarillo I have laying around, any thoughts?

I have not gotten around to brewing the kit yet. How did the brew day go? Any problems? Hope it turns out well.

I brewed this kit and dry hopped with 1oz of Amarillo. It turned out amazing.

brew day went really well. I used Midwest's Headwaters Ale yeast though which apparently ferments very actively on the top and takes a very long time to drop out so when it came time to dry hop (based on my usual schedule of about a 10 day primary) there was still a lot of krausen at the top. I should have checked this before I sanitized my hop bag and had everything good to go but oh well, I just dropped the hops in the primary so that I did not waste them. I'm hoping everything turns out ok.

I brewed this kit and dry hopped with 1oz of Amarillo. It turned out amazing.

Me too and completely agree. I did the ag version, didn't tweak it at all and loved it.

I've brewed many MWS kits and the Amarillo Pale Ale was by far my favorite.

Back