Middle Tennessee Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm positive the mills will not be arriving with the grain, as they haven't been ordered yet.
1234 needs to get a firm number before ordering. He will be able to provide more details on the price, since I have a mill, i'm staying out of this one.

_

Jcalisi and Tbesst are both in on the grain mills. I am waiting to hear back from a few folks. I think we will wait 5-7 days to make sure everybody gets a chance to let me know.

The grain will be here tomorrow, right Wild West? If you only ordered full sacks of grain you can pick-up on Friday, I will provide the address when I get it. Wild West will be bringing the scale that is need to part-out the grain. He will be in Nashville sometime after 10:30 or so. I am planning on being around for the grain handout on both days, but soccer games on Saturday morning.

For those that participated in the split bags, don't forget to bring something to put your grain in.

Very Nice! I am starting to get the itch to brew something.....lol imagine that???

I am in on the mill as well 1234...

The grain will be here tomorrow, right Wild West? If you only ordered full sacks of grain you can pick-up on Friday, I will provide the address when I get it. Wild West will be bringing the scale that is need to part-out the grain. He will be in Nashville sometime after 10:30 or so. I am planning on being around for the grain handout on both days, but soccer games on Saturday morning.

For those that participated in the split bags, don't forget to bring something to put your grain in.

It's supposed to be. Actually, I won't be there until Saturday. I'm hoping to be there mid morning if that's ok with Ranger. We still don't know when the grain will arrive on friday, even with a tracking # (i'm supposed to get this afternoon) there's no time guarantee(unless we get a cool driver). So if your getting a split on Friday, you need a scale. If not, I will try to bring some small unscented garbage bags and will divy up the splits when I get there so people can just grab them. Just bring a bucket or something, in case of a rip.

_

Do we know what trucking company will be carrying our grain? If it's Averitt, I have a ton of friends who work there and could probably get us in touch with the driver for a better eta.

Do we know what trucking company will be carrying our grain? If it's Averitt, I have a ton of friends who work there and could probably get us in touch with the driver for a better eta.

I think the lady said R&L, I will have that info later when she sends me the tracking info.

_

I don't feel like looking back at the pages that show who was interested in the group hops buy. The guy in Olympia is needing some additional folks to buy some hops to help off-set his costs. He thinks that he could fit 5lb of hops in a $12.95 flat rate box. I have a new food saver that I don't know how to use yet, but I am ready to put it to work. I was thinking 1lb of Goldings (not grown in kent), 1lb of Saaz, 1lb of Hallertau, 1lb of Fuggles, and maybe 1lb of Magnum. Any thoughts or does anybody want to do some splits?

I don't feel like looking back at the pages that show who was interested in the group hops buy. The guy in Olympia is needing some additional folks to buy some hops to help off-set his costs. He thinks that he could fit 5lb of hops in a $12.95 flat rate box. I have a new food saver that I don't know how to use yet, but I am ready to put it to work. I was thinking 1lb of Goldings (not grown in kent), 1lb of Saaz, 1lb of Hallertau, 1lb of Fuggles, and maybe 1lb of Magnum. Any thoughts or does anybody want to do some splits?
We can talk a little more about this Saturday when I pick up the grains. Sounds interesting.

Sounds good I will talk to you this weekend.

I thought about it after we talked last night and i am thinking that I might get in on this hops buy. I would be willing to split the magnum and fuggles. I'd like to maybe add 1# of centennial and 1# oc Columbus (and I'd be willing to split those as well)

Let me know what you find out

Well, our grains are somewhere in Nashville! We're stop #13, so how could we expect anything to go wrong? She said sometime this afternoon, hopefully no broken bags.

Are most people picking up tomorrow? I hope to be at Rangers around 10-10:30am. I have maybe 15 eight gallon garbage bags for the splits, but don't forget to bring something a little sturdier to transport with.

_

I am picking up tomorrow, unless I pick it up this afternoon....lol

It depends on when its delivered. I have procured my storage bucket and will have some additional bags to double bag that B*tch!

The grain will be available to be picked-up at Ranger's house somewhere between 4-5 today. I have a dinner party and will not be able to be there tonight, but I hope to meet most of you on Saturday.

I will be there tomorrow to pick up my portion. I also look forward to meeting everyone, well, all that end up there when I am also there...

The grain will be available to be picked-up at Ranger's house somewhere between 4-5 today. I have a dinner party and will not be able to be there tonight, but I hope to meet most of you on Saturday.

Is it delivered? If so, sweet.

_

Does anybody need a brew pot? Anybody interested in a Polar Ware Brewrite kettle. I might be looking to buy several at one time if enough of a discount is given.

All right, I didn't make it out of work in time to get to Volunteer Welding before it closed. I guess I'll be picking mine up tomorrow.

I will be bringing a list of the hop prices for anyone wanting to get in on the group hop buy. Right now I have committed myself, anyone is welcome to join me, to 5lb of hops. Tbesst would like to add some additional hops to the order and Ranger may be interested as well. When we order them we need to order 5lb's at a time.

Bobby, I think I am def going to get in on the hop buy. I might not get 5# but we'll see. If not maybe someone can fill in a # here and there. Ill look @ prices tomorrow and decide on varieties. I am pretty set on centennial and Columbus and maybe cascade bc I use it in combo w other hops. Mights throw in some goldings also. Ill let u know

Nobody has to buy 5lb's of hops. I bought 5lb's and I was going to offer to split some with other folks. I do think that we might want to add to the order to help get as many varieties for the cheapest rate.

This is it all unloaded. Bobby H. is all set and checked off.

photo.JPG

Back