Mid Hudson Valley, CT Round#16

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k47k

Reaction score
This buy is CLOSED

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks for this delivery.
2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received (Wappingers, NY).
3. Paypal will be used. you must send payment as a "Friends and Family" and use a checking account so no fees are assessed. if you send the payment incorrectly and i have to pay fees, you will be responsible for reimbursing me.

ORDER ENTRY

reply to this thread with what you want.
If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM me, there will be an additional fee for any payment other than paypal. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group participants.

DELIVERY: Will be made to a location in the Mid Hudson Valley (to be determined)

I will expect participants to work together and figure out a plan to mule sacks for their region. This worked out well last time. in the past we were able to get sacks as far east as Hartford, CT and as far west as Pennsylvania.

K47K will keep us all updated on when the grain order is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you.

I will check with distributors but pricing should be similar to past buys:
Best Malts (Vienna, Munich, Pilsner, Wheat) ~$50
Great Western (2row, Pale, etc) ~$40
Briess - Varies
Maris Otter / Golden Promise ~$55-56
others available.

TOTAL SACKS:42
ERIC: 2xMOPA, 2xPILS, 1xGPRM, 1xPERL
K47k: 1xVIENA, 1xPILS, 1xPERL
STICKYFINGER: 1xVIENA, 1xMOPA, 1xPALE
FPWEEKS: 1xBZ-WHET, 2xPILS, 2x2ROW, 1xPALE, 2xMOPA,1xGPRM
BWOMP13: 1xGW-2ROW, 1xGW-PILS, 1xBriessWhiteWheat
BEENSBAXTER: 2xBZ-PILS, 1x2ROW, 1xMOPA
DIELECTRICBRE: 2x2ROW, 1xMOPA, 1xFrenchPILS
CRB85: 2xMOPA, 1xTFOAT, 1xGPRM, 1xBreiss White wheat, 2xBRIES2ROW, 1xBREISVIEN, 1xGBHONEYG
NAUGLED: 1xGPRM OR PILS (CONFIRM)

I'm in for 1x GW 2row 1xGW pils and 1xBriess white wheat. Thanks!

breiss only has red wheat
great wester doesnt do pils malt.

suggest Breiss red wheat or Best Wheat
Suggest country malt pilsen (if you want american pilsner)

breiss only has red wheat

great wester doesnt do pils malt.

suggest Breiss red wheat or Best Wheat

Suggest country malt pilsen (if you want american pilsner)

Rahr Pils is good too if that is available. A lot of my friends prefer it in a Pils, as it is less malty than German Pils

I'm in for
2 x GW 2-row
1 x Marris Otter
1 x Pilsner (for things of Belgian persuasion, saisons/dubbel/tripel/dark strong, would appreciate some guidance on availability/producer)

I'm in for:

TF&S MO x2
TF&S malted oats x1
TF&S GP x1
Briess white wheat x1
Briess 2row x2
Briess Vienna x1
Gambrinus honey malt x1

Anyone coming back through the Fairfield CT area? Don't have the flexibility to get up to Wappingers. I could use 2 sacks if it could be arranged. Thanks.

i'll take one sack of the GW pale ale malt too. see if it's any good as a maltier base for american beers. one sack left! think we can get this before saturday?

Anyone coming back to the Hartford area? I'd be willing to get some grain, but I can't make the 2 hr drive. Let me know thank you

I would normally be the mule for the CT folks (I'm in the Middletown area) but looks like this one filled up too fast for me. I would need to 7 or 8 sacks for myself to make it worth it and we only need 2 to finish the order. Bummer!

THIS BUY IS CLOSED

NAUGLED: only 1 sack is avail, let me know which you want.

Final Totals Below:

please review/confirm your order and send paypal to joshadmin at optonline dot net. paypal should be sent using freinds / family option, no fees.

FPWEEKS: 1xBZ-WHET, 2xBZ-PILS, 2xGW-2ROW, 1xGW-PALE, 2xTF-MOPA,1xTF-GPRM ... $405.86
BWOMP13: 1xGW-2ROW, 1xBreiss-PILS, 1xBriessWhiteWheat ... $121.29
BEENSBAXTER: 2xBZ-PILS, 1xGW-2ROW, 1xTF-MOPA ... $179.05
DIELECTRICBRE: 2xGW-2ROW, 1xTF-MOPA, 1xFB-PILS ... $186.05
CRB85: 2xTF-MOPA, 1xTF-OAT, 1xTF-GPRM, 1xBreissWhitewheat, 2xBRIES2ROW, 1xBREISVIEN, 1xGB-HONY ... $422.86

NAUGLED: 1xTF-GPRM .... $51.76 PAID
ERIC: 2xTF-MOPA, 2xBZ-PILS, 1xTF-GPRM, 1xTF-PERL ... $294.57 PAID
K47k: 1xBZ-VIENA, 1xBZ-PILS, 1xTF-PERL ... $139.29 PAID
STICKYFINGER: 1xBZ-VIENA, 1xTF-MOPA, 1xGW-PALE ... $135.39 PAID

Final Totals Below:

please review/confirm your order and send paypal to joshadmin at optonline dot net. paypal should be sent using freinds / family option, no fees.

BWOMP13: 1xGW-2ROW, 1xBreiss-PILS, 1xBriessWhiteWheat ... $121.29

BEENSBAXTER: 2xBZ-PILS, 1xGW-2ROW, 1xTF-MOPA ... $179.05 PAID
CRB85: 2xTF-MOPA, 1xTF-OAT, 1xTF-GPRM, 1xBreissWhitewheat, 2xBRIES2ROW, 1xBREISVIEN, 1xGB-HONY ... $422.86.. PAID
FPWEEKS: 1xBZ-WHET, 2xBZ-PILS, 2xGW-2ROW, 1xGW-PALE, 2xTF-MOPA,1xTF-GPRM ... $405.86 .. PAID

Final Totals Below:

BEENSBAXTER: 2xBZ-PILS, 1xGW-2ROW, 1xTF-MOPA ... $179.05 PAID
CRB85: 2xTF-MOPA, 1xTF-OAT, 1xTF-GPRM, 1xBreissWhitewheat, 2xBRIES2ROW, 1xBREISVIEN, 1xGB-HONY ... $422.86.. PAID
FPWEEKS: 1xBZ-WHET, 2xBZ-PILS, 2xGW-2ROW, 1xGW-PALE, 2xTF-MOPA,1xTF-GPRM ... $405.86 .. PAID
BWOMP13: 1xGW-2ROW, 1xBreiss-PILS, 1xBriessWhiteWheat ... $121.29... PAID

Order is placed. hope to see grain mid next week.

Latest posts

Back