Micromatic Premium Regulator Seal...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElCid79

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just ordered a new Micromatic Premium regulator (http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/regulators-pid-642.html)
and in a moment of stupidity I forgot to throw in a handful of extra seals. http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/regulators-parts-pid-3200086-N.html p/n 3200086-N.

I assumed they were just the regular nylon washer type but the hole is a little bigger, and wrap around a retaining nut on the inside.

I am not sure where to find these, aside from micromatic. With that said I don't want to pay $6 shipping for a $1 part.

Does anyone know where to find some...

(The ironic thing, is that this is one of the reasons I upgraded to begin with.. haha. Was just going to order a new regulator with a bunch of seals to match... It figures that I forgot them...)

I imagine that you could use them with the other gasket. But how this is designed it won't work as a replacement.

There is a metal nipple that is inside of the bushing. It is tightly wrapped in the nylon bushing.

Since the hole in that nipple is so small it would not be able to wrap around the metal nipple.

There is a metal nipple that is inside of the bushing. It is tightly wrapped in the nylon bushing.

Since the hole in that nipple is so small it would not be able to wrap around the metal nipple.

Yes. The alternate seal should still work. A standard stem is not bored out for a filter and nipple thus the washer is simply wedged between the stem and tank outlet.

I still use the old school fiber washers.

Can you please explain this a little bit further? I am honestly confused by how this would work.

12.png

Here is a schematic. Are you saying that you would remove the nipple part? (as they call it the retaining nut and filter #13 and 15?) then replace that with the standard nylons. or just leave the old nylon bushing in place (leaving #13 and 15), and put the new one over it? so there is a seal between the two bushing?

Thanks!

Back