Michelada / Has anyone had success kegging / bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schumed

Reaction score
I married a Mexican Cutie and she wants me to make her michelada beer AKA "red beer" recipe . Beer mixed with clamto, tabsco, worchesteir, and lime.

I was thinking of doing a simple cream ale and mixing in the extras...curious to know if anyone has tried to keg this....wonder if the flavors would stay over time...I'm thinking no...but part of this crazy hobby is to experiement..

anyone have any experience attempting this?

My ex was guatemalan and loved micheladas. I don't think it's something you brew or keg though, it's a mixed drink you make with your beer. Start with a cream ale and just mix in the other stuff. We always used tomato juice and made it similar to a spicy bloody Mary. I suppose you could toss the whole thing in a keg but it seems wrong. I think you're better off with a fresh lime and some tomato juice

Budweiser has succeeded in bottling a michelada beer, they call it "Chelada", so it is possible. Budweiser's version tastes nothing like a fresh michelada and I don't think it is possible to get the flavors right. If you do though, It will be great!

Back