Meth Lab?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffy1207

Reaction score
So I'm thinking this abandoned flower shop, used to be abandoned coffee shop is a meth lab. I was sweeping the parking lot at work about 15 minutes ago and as I go past the place, it reeks. I mean seriously reeks. At first I thought it was hobo droppings, but now I think it's a meth lab. It smells like rotten eggs, and when I pass by it I noticed that the light was on inside (no windows, saw through a crack). We have a lot of homeless around, and it's next to a respectable business. Perfect spot for a meth lab imo.

I went through a few classes for my work about dealing with and recognizing potential meth labs this is what we were told.....

Smell...strong odor of ether and or ammonia.

Appearance...large amount of trash from biproduct materials, unusual trash.

Covered or sealed windows.

Strange behavior from occupants....not smoking inside due to flammable chemicals, paranoia, extra security around perimeter

Who knows, you might actually have one. You can always call San Diego's finest so they can look into it.

beerloaf

or they might be harvesting hobo organs for "science"... or its a meth lab. id let the police know.

So I'm thinking this abandoned flower shop, used to be abandoned coffee shop is a meth lab. I was sweeping the parking lot at work about 15 minutes ago and as I go past the place, it reeks. I mean seriously reeks. At first I thought it was hobo droppings, but now I think it's a meth lab. It smells like rotten eggs, and when I pass by it I noticed that the light was on inside (no windows, saw through a crack). We have a lot of homeless around, and it's next to a respectable business. Perfect spot for a meth lab imo.

I would report it, you never know what it could be and it could be a serious danger to everyone around it including yourself!

Well, I never see anyone actually enter the place. But I was leaving work today, I think I saw one of the really shady dudes talking through a side door to someone. There are no windows, I can't tell if there's strange yeah coming out because they have a dumpster for a place right next to it. I'll post a picture of the place. I'm like 70% sure.

Rotten eggs is one of the ways I describe dead body smell to people. Rotten eggs and ammonia with a strange heaviness to it that you can feel almost as if it had substance to it. Maybe a homeless person died inside?

No Offense to the OP intended here, but this is EXACTLY the reason why major cities in the USA have such a High Crime rate, People see something like this and don't call the police, or don't call the police fast enough. IF YOU THINK THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON OR THERE IS AN ODD SMELL,DON'T POST ABOUT IT ON A FORUM CALL THE DAMN COPS TO CHECK IT OUT,IT COULD BE A SERIOUS COMMUNITY HEALTH HAZARD!!!!

As airborne said, someone could have died in there and could be rotting away which can be a serious health hazard, It could be a gas leak which could be a serious explosion risk, it could be a meth lab making drugs that could kill someone. The only way your gonna know is report it and let the cops do their jobs!

If you already called the cops good for you, its possible you stopped a crime in progress or prevented an explosion. If you haven't for god sakes quit talking to us about it and call the cops!

One of the best lessons I learned in the military was to pay attention to my surroundings- I mean seriously pay attention. People don't trust gut instincts and bad feelings like they should. If something seems wrong or out of place, it's probably because it is.

Don't take pictures of the place to post on here unless you're really looking for a disagreement with an enraged methhead. Call the cops, and give them a complete description of your observations. Most of the time they piss me off, but this is the kind of thing for which they exist.

One of the best lessons I learned in the military was to pay attention to my surroundings- I mean seriously pay attention. People don't trust gut instincts and bad feelings like they should. If something seems wrong or out of place, it's probably because it is.

You must have been in the Army Hooah, i learned that same lesson there in the infantry!

Haha PB? that inn and out is sketch... always homeless people hanging out there. Its kind of a high traffic area tho.

SDCore said:
Haha PB? that inn and out is sketch... always homeless people hanging out there. Its kind of a high traffic area tho.

It's cleaned up a lot since I started working there 2 1/2 years ago. A lot of drunks and hawt chicks there in the PM though. Also lots of hot chicks work there ;) it's great.

No meth lab, two officers came by and checked it out, nothing. Peace of mind is all that was gained.

Guess it's just a really stinky place. If you're walking past there in the morning, maybe the homeless sleep in there/use it as a bathroom during the night and that's what you're smelling in the morning. You did the right thing though!

oldmate said:
Guess it's just a really stinky place. If you're walking past there in the morning, maybe the homeless sleep in there/use it as a bathroom during the night and that's what you're smelling in the morning. You did the right thing though!

Next stop, building/health dept...could always complain it's hurting business

Agreed, its common sense that people seem to lack nowadays- - Situation awareness can save your ass someday.

Houblon said:
Agreed, its common sense that people seem to lack nowadays- - Situation awareness can save your ass someday.

Situational awareness kept me from getting mugged here a year ago. It's a nice trait to have.

HAHA! I once asked a group of day laborers there for a light for my cigar. This was a few years ago. About 10 of them produced lighters and one guy actually gave me a box of stick matches. Buddy was inside In and out and saw all these guys surround me and actually came running out of the place to help. I just waved him off. I can never travel with torch lighters anymore. :(

Anyway, back on topic. Seems like a weird place for a meth cook. Dead bum perhaps? I would alert someone.

Did you ask the in and out if they had anything to do with it?

You must have been in the Army Hooah, i learned that same lesson there in the infantry!

Yep. Always a lesson I tried to instill in my new soldiers. I was a combat engineer, though... spent a while in Iraq looking for IEDs. If you don't start that job listening to your gut, you learn real quick.

TxBrew said:
Did you ask the in and out if they had anything to do with it?

I think I would know if my job was running a meth lab lol. It's actually owned by the lot owners. In N Out wants that hut and that blue day laborer place to the left of it torn down and to turn it into a parking lot, that would get rid of A LOT of the sketchy activity.

Latest posts

Back