MetallHed's First Brew Adventure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bored at work last weekend and got inspired by the labels/logos thread. I decided that I would keep and label a few bottles from each batch and save them. I came up with this logo and name:

Logo.png

and this label:

FinishedLabel.png

I tested one out on a bottle and I think it looks pretty nice... I'll post a pic of that tomorrow as I dont have one here at work.

Where did you get the barley images? I'm trying to design a logo, and these would really help.

They're actually from clipart on microsoft publisher. You can go to microsoft's website and search for them. I actually searched for "wheat" and that came up.

the only problem is that the off white shape directly behind the wheat is a part of the image.. you would have to do separate editing to erase that part if you dont want it... i was too lazy to take that extra step, and they looked good with my design, so i kept them.

Metal, wanna do a mini beer swap when yours are done bottle conditionin -- I have some caramel cream vanilla ales and in another week will be bottling my cream stout

(mods, am i allowed to initiate a bottle swap like this? if not, apologies!)

that sounds cool!

That is if mine tastes okay to me :D I can't be swapping a poor example of a usually nice tasting cream ale.. haha

I'd love a cream stout though... i want to do a chocolate stout soon.

We'll give it a few weeks and see what it tastes like...

One week bottle progress report:

Threw a bottle in the fridge to chill for a few hours. Popped it open to hear a nice hiss. Poured slowly straight down and got this:

100_0948.jpg

How'd it taste?

large_homer.drool.jpg

Was awesome to me. I hope I will get a better lookin head on 'er after she sits for a while, but I plan on taking some to the 4th celebrations and getting some further opinions... boo ya!

mmmm. i mailed 4 beers to my dad (atlanta to west palm) and only 3 made it. i flew in today, and my buddy decided to head down for the long weekend, too. bought some cigars earlier, and tomorrow night we're drinkin the 3 beers. cant wait!

point being, lemme know when ya wanna bottle swap, if ya still do! :p

only three?

doooood... LOVE a good cigar... though i'm still a noob on those... used to smoking black and milds and been tryin to find a good "real" cigar.

I'm ready for the swap.

Sendin a PM!

Well, I had sent 4. One broke though :(

Got good reviews on that -- I love going on cigars.com, and I've been hittin lots of stores and tryin different sticks -- all body types, places of origin, shapes. I can only barely appreciate a nice stick versus a not very nice one, but the ability to distinguish is growin!

Hey man, had your brew today after I ate dinner! Sat on my patio drinkin it while smoking a Rocky Patel corona shortie cigar. Was very nice! Good summer beer! Only downfall was I was taking my time enjoying it and the damn Atlanta heat made it hot by the time I was done, but was still good!

Great job on your first brew!

Heres a pic of my awesome mail day -- beers and stogies!:

DSC_0003.jpg

A quick tip on your bottling if you don't mind...set the bottling bucket up on something ( I turn my brew pot upside down on the table) That way you don't have to set all bent over to fill the bottles. My back would be screaming after bottling an entire batch that way.
Cool labels

Hey man, had your brew today after I ate dinner! Sat on my patio drinkin it while smoking a Rocky Patel corona shortie cigar. Was very nice! Good summer beer! Only downfall was I was taking my time enjoying it and the damn Atlanta heat made it hot by the time I was done, but was still good!

Great job on your first brew!

Heres a pic of my awesome mail day -- beers and stogies!:

Awesome!!!

I'm glad they made it alright and you enjoyed 'em!

Can't wait to try yours, tracking says I'll get 'em tomorrow, so I'll be havin one on the porch during the projected thunderstorms.
:ban:

woo hoo!

A quick tip on your bottling if you don't mind...set the bottling bucket up on something ( I turn my brew pot upside down on the table) That way you don't have to set all bent over to fill the bottles. My back would be screaming after bottling an entire batch that way.
Cool labels

Thanks!

I tried the brew pot but my handles stick up farther than the top of the pot so it won't sit flat. I will have to find something to bring it up though, thats a good idea.

I sit on a laundry hamper by the dishwasher (the big bucket kind)

ya man, def liked the beer. will be savin the next til after I've tried the other two you sent

Back