Metal box STC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northcal

Reaction score
I can't add much on how to wire your STC, there are enough good posts here. I based the build on Revvy's build: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/stc-1000-wiring-333680/#post4151380

I wanted to mount mine in a metal box and a trip to the local big box resulted in this:

14ecp54.jpg

It was pretty cheap and easy. The hardest part was to enlarge the GFCI hole with my dremel.

Got the second one done today.

A little bit easier with 14 gauge vs. 12 that I used for the first one.

28wh5jn.jpg

Thanks guys,

The added depth made the wiring really easy. I might seal up the holes and gaps with something down the road, but for now they work well.

I started with these, Kid, but the problem is the STC doesn't fit in the GFCI spot. The STC is a little bit longer and skinnier.

649e3832-86d1-49c1-8bef-0191260c0c17_300.jpg

I'm planning to build one of these for a fermentation chamber soon. Haven't decided on a box for it yet. Just curious, is there a reason you wanted metal?

Durability and Safety.

A plastic box could get smashed and expose the wires, was my thinking.

I'm planning to build one of these for a fermentation chamber soon. Haven't decided on a box for it yet. Just curious, is there a reason you wanted metal?

That's funny flyboy, I got one of those initially!

Still got it sitting out in the garage ready to return.

More work cutting all the holes though, also more $$.

Take a look at this box, also at hdepot. Multiple sizes

Back