Mesh bags

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are these, from wilserbrewer.

Morebeer and other sites sell mesh bags, paint strainer bags from hardware stores also work.

From what I have been reading, the bags from Wilserbrewer are of super quality. If you are going to BIAB (that's what they are designed for), I would highly recommend them.

For straining wine gunk, cheaper the better, IMHO. Paint strainer bags, muslin, cheese cloth, a sheet of cheesecloth in a colander, some folks have even used pantie hose (new, of course, lol - Well... I hope anyway!). Sanitize, etc..

I like to toss the bag for every batch so cheap counts. For less than a buck a piece, I don't even think of washing them. BIAB needs to support many more lbs and is a bit more important to fit your kettle than in the wine world.

Just some thoughts.

StoneArcher said:
From what I have been reading, the bags from Wilserbrewer are of super quality. If you are going to BIAB (that's what they are designed for), I would highly recommend them. For straining wine gunk, cheaper the better, IMHO. Paint strainer bags, muslin, cheese cloth, a sheet of cheesecloth in a colander, some folks have even used pantie hose (new, of course, lol - Well... I hope anyway!). Sanitize, etc.. I like to toss the bag for every batch so cheap counts. For less than a buck a piece, I don't even think of washing them. BIAB needs to support many more lbs and is a bit more important to fit your kettle than in the wine world. Just some thoughts.
thanks that helped

Latest posts

Back