Merry Christmas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a picture of Jean and me from 38 years ago today. Our wedding plans were fowled by me crashing her motorcycle on my way home from Norfolk, VA (Navy). We were suppose to get married in a couple of weeks, but the Navy was going to ship me off to a Naval hospital. Rather than push the date back I came up with the crazy idea to get married right there at Somerset Hospital. (Heavily drugged at the time.) My father pulled some strings and got the Mayor to come in on Christmas Day. There’s been ups and downs, but there’s no one else that I’d love to spend my life with.

Merry Christmas everyone!

edit:
I spent four months in the hospital with a shattered pelvis before we could make the marriage official. :eek:

I was heavily drugged at my first wedding and so were half the people there. Merry Christmas and good story!

Happy anniversary, and merry Christmas, Herm (and to your lovely wife)!

I've only been married to Bob for 8 years, it just seems like 38!

Actually, Bob and I lived together for a while because I was very gun-shy after a bad first marriage. His memory for birthdays and other events is terrible, so I picked a day and time that he should remember!

We got married on 02/02/02 at 2:00. Only the two of us, and my two kids (age 12 and 10) were there.

My strategy didn't work. He still forgets dates. :D

Back