Maybe There Should Be a Dislikes Category

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardens355

Reaction score
I enjoy getting on HBT to check out interesting posts and share any of my experiences that may be of any value to anyone, and I think that there should be a category that is focused on people sharing their dislike of hops, commercial beers, yeasts, adjuncts, etc etc. The category would be like this part of the forum, where the posts do not show up in the newest threads and thus do not move otherwise helpful or insightful posts down on the history. Clicking on a link that looks promising only to see that it is someone saying "Does anyone else not like [insert personal preference here]?" seems like a waste of real estate. And the beauty of this post? It won't show up in the history and knock off the last newest thread that may actually have been useful to someone. :mug:

What does everyone think? I don't really like the idea of a forum the intention of which is to talk bad about something, but I'm open to the idea.

What does everyone think? I don't really like the idea of a forum the intention of which is to talk bad about something, but I'm open to the idea.

Isn't that what the drunken ramblings forum is for?

Though instead of beer stuff I prefer to talk bad about "kids these days" and why they should all "get off my lawn".

I don't think there should be a "dislikes" forum... I mean, there's already a thread on "Craft beers you secretly despise" and others, plenty of "IPA's suck, I don't get it" threads, and the like.

The OPs tend to be mocked and ridiculed for posting their lamentations about their personal taste, and then the thread derails off to Timbuktu and then the OP comes in and is like, "Hey guys, I didn't mean all IPAs, I just meant this one that I didn't really like" and then we're all like, "What a stupid thread, you're dumb."

So... no, not necessary.

I'd prefer it if someone starts up a "I don't like something! Anybody else not like what I also don't like? Anybody else not like other things that I may or may not also not like?" thread, everybody just posts, "Yeah! I don't like that either! What's up with THAT?!" until the OP realizes how insipid the thread he created is.

"I don't like this craft beer and I don't understand how other people do like it! Anybody else not like it? I don't want to feel all alone in my dislike." No one cares about your subjective tastes, idiot.

It's funny that someone thinks anything that ever happens on HBT will cut down on stupid threads.

Just like nearly every day some efftard starts a completely unrelated thread in the Announcements and Feedback forum, Stupid Happens - even on HBT.

Surrender.

Cheers! ;)

Why not just include likes and dislikes of a product/hop/malt into a single thread?

I foresee mostly using this forum though as I dislike everything. Beatles? Too popular. Sunshine? Too bright. Mountains? Too cold. Love? Too time consuming. Glass? Too fragile. Air conditioning? Never right and so on and so on and so on and so on ....

stop_liking_file.jpg

I honestly think we need a Rant Forum. We have so many rants, people venting about ___. It's cathartic to vent - let it out! - In the Rant Forum. I'd be all for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkbL8JxswRc

Is this a thread now to post 80's videos?

This song has been in my mind all week.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPuXvpkOLmM[/ame]

Back