Math problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjcoussens

Reaction score
While wasting time at work I noticed a slight ambiguity in the hop prices over at homebrewing.org, I've never ordered anything from them, and don't have anything bad to say about them at all. Except, that I noticed they are selling all leaf hops at $2.25 an ounce, or a full pound for $49.99.

Now, I must admit that I did go to a public school, but I'm pretty sure that $2.25 X 16 =$36, not $49.99.

What's up with that? I've emailed them this same question and am awaiting a response.

Now, back to wondering if my beer is ruined because X happened.

Matt

Yeah, that's what I thought, and that's the response I got from them as well. My only problem with that is that price is not unreasonably high for Hawaii. My last trip to the homebrew shop, hops were $5 for 2 ounces, with a limit of 4 ounces total. Seems to me that they should just remove the listing if they aren't going to sell them in that quantity any longer.

Matt

is it difference that one is weight and the other is volume? I am not sure if that could be it. I used to deal with them all the time when I lived in the area. He was very good to deal with and very helpful.

Back