Mangrove Jack Kit - Acidentally added cider flavouring before fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losman

Reaction score
Hi,

I Accidentally added the cider flavouring sachet to my Mangrove jack mixed berry cider kit before fermentation started. :smack: The instructions says to add the cider flavouring after fermentation is complete. Do you think it will make any difference in the end?

Thanks

You'll probably lose some of the aroma , and if it's supposed to be sweet from the flavouring packet then it won't be anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The flavor definitely won't be as strong as if you added it post fermentation, but it won't be the end of the world. During fermentation all the CO2 that is being created can drive off a lot of aroma and the fermentation itself will most likely affect the flavor, probably lessening it. This is why it's reccomended to dry hop after primary fermentation has finished, same idea. But, it won't be the end of the world, I'm sure it will taste fine.

Does the sachet have any stabilizers in it? Or just flavorings? That would be my only concern, if it has stabilizers it would greatly hinder the fermentation.

I just came across this old post while searching for the same answer. The last poster questioned if the flavor packet had stabilizers in it. Does anyone know the answer to that? I did two batches at the same time. The batch I made the mistake on showed activity in the airlock but not aggressively. Now the second batch is still bubbling while this one has stopped.

Back