Man, I love sandwiches.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which.jpg

I had a skillet from last nights seared chicken left dirty, so I just used the tiny bit of leftover oil instead of butter. SO GOOD.

Oh man that sounds awesome. The other night I was frying some venison in bacon grease and made a grilled cheese and venison sandwich in some of the leftover bacon grease. I should have posted a picture haha but I was too stoked to start eating it.

Last night was a grilled cheese, ham, and tomato Sammy with spicy mustard. Lunch today is smoked pork burrito with apple gravy and schmutz ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406054747.266998.jpg

I'm not sure if my the flavors in my beer are off or complex 😳

Schmutz is just my dumb term for crap. My youngest always has stuff all over his face that I started calling schmutz. I don't have any other philly specialties like scrapple and I have to assume everyone has pork roll. The only thing I can say is the bread makes the sandwich and philly has great bread and rolls.

Need just a schmear of refried beans on that Drizzt! ;)

LOVE burritos!

I have issues I can't do beans or plantains. My Irish side says the only thing that should have the texture of a potato is a potato.

Maple brown sugar ham, hickory bacon, tomato, provolone and mayo on pan toasted wheat.

Weber grilled ground cow, cheddar, loose leaf lettuce, tomatoes provencal, mayo and BBQ sauce made from the last of several bottles on toasted Hawaiian roll.

sandwich.jpg

burger.jpg

I have issues I can't do beans or plantains. My Irish side says the only thing that should have the texture of a potato is a potato.

I'm not sure if my the flavors in my beer are off or complex ��

Well, your irish gaffer probably wouldn't like flour tortillas either! ;)

I can't live without beans!!

I agree! Didn't Bubba from Forrest Gump have something about beans?

"Anyway, like I was sayin', beans is the fruit of the world. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, bean-kabobs, bean creole, bean gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple beans, lemon beans, coconut beans, pepper beans, bean soup, bean stew, bean salad, beans and potatoes, bean burger, bean sandwich. That- that's about it."

Ok, maybe it was about shrimp, but you can't go wrong with beans.

I would like one of these, except hold the pork, sub: CHORIZO :rockin:

OH man!!! Can I like your posts and utter "YOU KNOW NOT OF WHAT YOU SPEAK" at the same time?????

2 choice pork loin cuts smoked and seasoned to perfection in HEADBANGER's pellet grill, sealed for freshness, stewed with tons of peppers, garlic, and onions until falling apart into a wonderful stew............

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406827339.826321.jpg

It was perfection.....but chorizo is FANTASTIC too!!!!

:mug:

Last Friday morning being retiree pay day, I got the stuff to make breakfast sandwiches. Toasted English muffins with sage sausage chubs cut into 6 patties each, then pressed in one of my hamburger presses. Fried up just the right size for the muffins at about 3/8" thick or a bit more. Pepper Jack cheese on top of that. Then whisked one egg with sea salt & black pepper, forming roughly a triangle in a hot cast iron skillet with a little oil. When almost cooked, fold in half lengthwise, then in half widthwise. Place on top of the patty/cheese combo & top with toasted English muffin top half. Made a dozen of them. Juicy Tasty with the eggs having slightly golden brown crispness to them. Reminded me of the way they do eggs in SE Asia from videos I've seen. My youngest son insists that I should make them more often. Maybe next time I'll get pics...:rockin:

Last Friday morning being retiree pay day, I got the stuff to make breakfast sandwiches. Toasted English muffins with sage sausage chubs cut into 6 patties each, then pressed in one of my hamburger presses. Fried up just the right size for the muffins at about 3/8" thick or a bit more. Pepper Jack cheese on top of that. Then whisked one egg with sea salt & black pepper, forming roughly a triangle in a hot cast iron skillet with a little oil. When almost cooked, fold in half lengthwise, then in half widthwise. Place on top of the patty/cheese combo & top with toasted English muffin top half. Made a dozen of them. Juicy Tasty with the eggs having slightly golden brown crispness to them. Reminded me of the way they do eggs in SE Asia from videos I've seen. My youngest son insists that I should make them more often. Maybe next time I'll get pics...:rockin:

YUM!!!

There is a little cafe on my way to work that makes an AWESOME ham egg & cheese english muffin.

I swear they fry the english muffin a little.

It is SO good!

I don't want to know what they do to it, but the english muffin is SO crispy!!

I toast mine on a cookie sheet under the broiler. Double the size of micky D's & better ingredients! Im definitely making these again so y'all can drool...

I toast mine on a cookie sheet under the broiler. Double the size of micky D's & better ingredients! Im definitely making these again so y'all can drool...

:mug:

I almost have to take a pic of it........(speaking of Micky D's) This awesome little non franchise cafe...worthy of Drive ins, diners, and dives, (Latte Cafe, if you are curious), has a steady crowd, but the micky D's within sight of this place is cranking it out with nonstop stuffed parking lot and drive thru line.

Slopping out their bizarre brand of disgusting over processed crap shaped like food, while this place is making real food, and only charging .45 more for it....

People suck.

People say that, but I've had spaghetti sauce made with sugar and roast suitable for boot soles.

I guess the statement that homemade is better, is akin to homebrew is better.

I see it like this:

The best food or beer on the face of the earth is home made.

The WORST food or beer on earth, is also homemade....

Any decent cook will do better than McDonalds is what anoldur was saying.

Back