Making my first batch alone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DylansDad

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,
So after a couple of brewing sessions with a buddy who know how to brew, I am out on my own doing it.

A couple of things:
-I now understand why doing it alone can be so much more relaxing.
-I keep looking here to check on oddities or mistakes. So far I keep finding the same advice: Relax.
-Even at 10:30 at night and work the next morning and very cold weather, it's fun.

Thanks again for all the advice here!

That is all, I just felt like posting my 2 cents.:mug:

Congrats on your first solo session. I like brewing in the evening best myself... during the dsy I always have my wife saying things like, "You better not leave this kitchen a mess!"

I almost always brew on a weekday, when I have a day off. It's great- I'm all alone. I love it. It's relaxing and I can play music loud. My husband doesn't mind the smell, but he is always on my case about a spill of water, or the mess in the kitchen, if he's around. The kids (older teenagers) complain about the smell of the boil. (I brew inside). It's great this way- I start early in the morning and it's all cleaned up and in the fermenter by 2 PM. The kitchen is spotless and I'm having a beer. I love those days!

I have a couple of weeks off coming up so I have been planning my brewing schedule for weeks! I'm more excited about having the time to brew than the holidays! :D We're sitting for my sister-in-law's dog over the holidays so I'm anxious to see if he'll be under foot and getting into my sanitized equipment! :cross:

There is nothing better than having the house to yourself, cranking up the music, and brewing up a couple of batches. She is away this weekend out of state and all I'm doing is watching football and brewing.

There is nothing better than having the house to yourself, cranking up the music, and brewing up a couple of batches. She is away this weekend out of state and all I'm doing is watching football and brewing.

Now that's a guy who knows how to enjoy life! :rockin:

Back