Making Another Batch of Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

I've been away for a while and haven't had much time to chat here. I was on a two month hiatus. Two of my grand nephews were here with me for part of the summer, and they definitely are a handful!! They kept me quite busy!

They've gone back to Georgia now. They want to come back next summer as well, but we'll see. Some stricter rules will be in place!

Anyway, I'm now in the process of making another batch of beer! I started it yesterday evening and into last night before going to bed. It IS in the fermenter now and the fermenting process has begun sometime after having added the brewing yeast.

It should take about a week or just about a few days over a week, depending on the fermenting process. I'll check it & taste it to see if all the sweetness as gone, and if so, I proceed with the bottling process.

But this will be after I come back from Philly after labor Day. :mug: :ban:

001.JPG

Congrats on getting back into it!

I'm a little leery of your "taste for sweetness" gravity check (I prefer a hydrometer), but to each his own.

What did you brew?

The manual says to taste a small sample of the beer just before bottling, to make sure that the sweetness is all gone out of it. Yes I plan to order a hydrometer, but I just can't right now.

I'll probably do it when I order more beer batches. :mug:

Depending on temps still maybe sweet but conditioning time will get rid of that.

The manual says to taste a small sample of the beer just before bottling, to make sure that the sweetness is all gone out of it.

Yeah that's just plain ridiculous. Even assuming it's something you could gauge with accuracy many beers intentionally have residual sweetness, you'd be waiting forever. It's one thing if you say you know your yeast, you're confident it's done, and you'll take the risk of bottling without measuring - I've certainly bottled before without confirming serial measurements (though I always at least take one). I wouldn't go by their instructions though.

Next time you get those little visitors put them to work as brewer's helpers!
:mug:

Actually, they're not so little. Hah!!

The older one will be 13 in April, and his younger brother whose birthday is in December, he'll be 11. The younger one likes to cook & bake, so he always likes to help in the kitchen with the cooking. He's big for his age because he's the chubby one! He practically takes over! Hah!

As for the older one, forget it! He doesn't like to cook. He's small for his age. He mainly watches TV, plays videos and plays games on his tablet. He has no interest in cooking at all, but he'll EAT when the meals are ready though.

They were often like Ashley & Seth on Hard Core Pawn - always arguing and bickering at eat other!!! The younger one will get mad, ball up his fists and will want to fight him!! That is why, before they come back up, when I go get them next year, I am going to make a set or rules that they must adhere to if they want to revisit me again, have them and their parents sign it so that there will be no discrepancies at all between the boys.

Here are their pics below. You'll know what I mean. :mug:

Tre enjoying ice cream..jpg

Day-Day enjoying ice cream..jpg

Back