Making a lemon beer?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bock

Reaction score
Hi everybody! i want to make a lemon beer using my remaining ingredient.

I hope this is gonna be my last extract beer. I plan to make the jump to all grain. So i have some light DME and want to brew something with it.

Here we go:

3lbs light DME ( this is what i have )
4lbs wheat DME( or 4lbs light DME )

0.50 warrior 60 min( i have this in the fridge )
0.25 Sorachi ace 15min
0.25 Sorachi ace 10min
0.25 Sorachi ace 5min
0.25 Sorachi ace flame out

Lemon zest or real lemon juice for secondary

And for yeast, i bottled haversted from a "Blanche de chambly" from Unibroue. This is my favorite wheat beer. Or i can stick with the notty dry yeast.. but i would like to test the unibroue yeast.

So what do you think? Should i go all the way with light DME or all wheat DME or i can mix it? My goal is to make a easy drink beer for summer.

thank for help

you can certainly mix, but i'd suggest going all wheat DME - because wheat DME isn't pure wheat, it typically contains 40% barley.

and wheat and lemon go really well together. i'd use as much wheat DME as you have. save the light for starters. just because you go AG doesn't meant it isn't handy to have some DME around!

Ok i will try with 7lbs wheat dme and the harvested yeast! And with real lemon juice in secondary!

Latest posts

Back