Making a good wife?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxamuus

Reaction score
Before brewing the stove was better known to me as the white hot box in the kitchen. Never touched the thing.

So i am brewing some beer and since its too cold to brew outside doing a mini-mash on the stove. Since i have time while brewing decided to make dinner, some dog biscuits and some spent grain beer bread.

So beer is on the stove, making some baked ziti (its easy) and baking bread for the first time ever.

So anywho SWMBO walked by and saw all my projects and said i am turning out to be quite the wife since i took up brewing.....

Has brewing turned me into the man wife????

I've always been the man-wife in the cooking department. You could also say I am in the finances, good (high stress) job, and general decision making departments too. Shes more comfortable controlling all the responsibility related stuff and I'm not complaining one bit. :D :rockin:

I do all the cooking in my relationship. My girlfriend can make awesome homemade mac and cheese, but otherwise the kitchen is my domain. I made pan-roasted salmon, grilled asparagus, and curry couscous the other night, and that went over quite well.

thisgoestoeleven said:
I do all the cooking in my relationship. My girlfriend can make awesome homemade mac and cheese, but otherwise the kitchen is my domain. I made pan-roasted salmon, grilled asparagus, and curry couscous the other night, and that went over quite well.

We're the same way

Same here, wife won't even throw a chicken breast on the George Forman grill.

sounds like more than a few of us are in the same situation. I do 100% of the cooking in our house, unless it's kraft mac&cheese...im not allowed to cook that one, only her.

Works out though, because I really enjoy cooking, BBQ, bread making, sausage making, etc.

Same here with the cooking situation. Brewing beer has actually taught me quite a bit about cooking, and now as a result, I do 90% of the cooking. SWMBO tries the other 10% of the time, but usually she starts messing stuff up and I end up taking over.

My father was visiting my wife and I about 20 or so years ago. After watching me do all the cooking (made some good burnt butter pecan cookies yesterday after bottling a wit :rockin: ), vacuuming (because I do a better job of it), putting the dishes away (because my wife makes me :D ) - he looked at me and said; "You will make a good wife for someone some day."

Oh well.

I've always been an advocate of teaching your sons to cook. Too many people teach their daughters to cook but not their sons. Well, most guys are going to be single for some part of their life and they should be able to feed themselves and not have to shell out for restaurant food or buy microwavable crap. Plus, there is NO better way to impress a girl than to cook for her.

When I moved out on my own I knew how to cook and how to do basic sewing (just enough to put a button back on or close a seam that's unraveling) so I didn't have to throw out clothes that were still good. Guys should know how to do this crap! There shouldn't be a stigma attached to being a guy and cooking.

My wife can cook great, but probably 80-90% of the time I do the cooking. I was able to cook just about anything I wanted before we met, so it's nothing new to me.

I agree, ChshreCat, I think I learned all that in Boy Scouts and began using as soon as I moved out on my own.
I don't think many women in my generation know how to cook or sew, most of their moms worked outside the home, and unless they took home ec or had a good girl scout troop, they never had the chance to learn it.

I agree, ChshreCat, I think I learned all that in Boy Scouts and began using as soon as I moved out on my own.
I don't think many women in my generation know how to cook or sew, most of their moms worked outside the home, and unless they took home ec or had a good girl scout troop, they never had the chance to learn it.

Same here, scouts was great.

Too many of my friends are completely clueless in the kitchen and their women arent much better, frozen meals and fast food it is. what a sad way to live, theres too much great food you can make fast and easy at home with a bare minimum of skills to eat all that junk. that being said i definetly make my fiancee a good wife lol

I love playing around in the kitchen. I love it when I ask my wife what she wants for dinner and she says "you know what I like make something up". I love playing with different techniques, spices, etc. It's always edible and usually decent, but I love it when its a home run. This forum BTW is better than any cookbook when I don't feel like tinkering.

My wife can cook ok, but it's usually tried and true recipes. I enjoy trying different things and experience has helped me understand what might work, or not. Need lots more of it though.

I can also repair AND USE the sewing machine. Not really clothes though. Mostly useful projects.

I do most of the cooking as well. She can cook but prefers I do it. Then I make her do the cleanup. I'll take cooking over cleanup any day of the week.

Here comes the snarkyness.....

knight-1.gif

001_tt2.gif

middlefinger.gif

For good measure.
2008VictoriaSecretFashionShowRunway.jpg

If this isn't the finest example of the fairer sex, I have failed.

-

I'm not saying she's not attractive, but Marissa Miller has a somewhat manly face. Then again, anyone can become a fine example of the fairer sex with enough plastic surgery :D

To each his own, but if her face is manly, i'm as gay as a handbag full of rainbows. Her big boobs are real as well.:)

28267_marisa_Miller_gm_l5.jpg

I personally do most of the shopping and cooking in my house. My wife gets home later than I do so it makes more sense for us. I dont think my dad would ever do such a thing as hes a little more old fashioned but I dont have any problem with it. I quite enjoy it actually and can cook up a storm. I also enjoy growing chiles and herbs and what not to cook with. Brewing seems right up my alley as I also like to have some good brews and get my fade on occasionally. When she says you are becoming a good man wife. Say thank you, honey. Now get over here, its time for you to earn your keep.

I don't even think my wife can make toast....

Plus I was a chef for a while. I guess that pretty much settles who cooks in our house.

Stupid hookers...

I mean seriously, a water cooled Harley?

But yea, she is hot, hot enough i'd probably soil my pants like Forrest Gump if she said my name.

Back