Make IPA Clear Again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So more of a "Session IPA" huh?
Not at all. My ABV on this beer is 6%. BJCP for American IPA is 5.5%-7.5%. My efficiency is high. Also, it has only been in the last 20 years that commercial brewers have pushed ABV on IPAs above 7%. I consider a session ipa to be 5%. More importantly, I like 6% beers. I want my friends driving home safe.

Not at all. My ABV on this beer is 6%. BJCP for American IPA is 5.5%-7.5%. My efficiency is high. Also, it has only been in the last 20 years that commercial brewers have pushed ABV on IPAs above 7%. I consider a session ipa to be 5%. More importantly, I like 6% beers. I want my friends driving home safe.

Fair enough, but definitely on the lower end. OG:1.054 and FG:1.009 lands you just shy of 6%. Don't get me wrong, its nice to be able to enjoy 3 beers and not be trashed. That's what I mean by "more of" a session IPA. Translated; more sessionable!

Fair enough, but definitely on the lower end. OG:1.054 and FG:1.009 lands you just shy of 6%. Don't get me wrong, its nice to be able to enjoy 3 beers and not be trashed. That's what I mean by "more of" a session IPA. Translated; more sessionable!
Again, by today’s standards, it’s sessionable. But you can label it whatever you want. Mox nix to me.

Inching ever closer to the West Coast. After hiking most of the afternoon in Joshua Tree National Park, I made a “refueling stop” at a local quick stop to provision with cereal malt rehydration. I found an interesting semi-local (for me, the out-of-stater) from a brewery in Coronado, CA.

A simple blonde ale, clocking in @ 4.5%, that hit precisely all the targeted spots. Ahh, sunset, with barbeque loin chops and grilled asparagus. The High Desert of California. Life is Good!!

Attachments

• IMG_2475.jpeg
    IMG_2475.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Back