Magic Hat Hex Ourtoberfest Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been a long hot summer and my supply of homebrew is getting dangerously low now. I am thinking about wiping-away the cob webs and cranking-up the kettle and fermenter for the fall and winter brewing season.

I need a little help with a recipe for Magic Hat Hex Ourtoberfest and thought I would through it out to you folks as I am not able to find much about this anywhere online. If you have brewed this and think you have a pretty good recipe, I would appreciate it if you would share it with me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hex.jpg

This should get you started; directly from their website:

TYPE: Ourtoberfest
YEAST: German Ale
HOPS: Apollo, Hallertaur
MALTS: Pale, Vienna, Crystal, Cherry Wood Smoked Malt, Malted Rye
ABV: 5.4
GRAVITY: 14.00 Plato
BITTERNESS: 25
SRM: 18.0

So can I just plug those numbers into beer tools or other software and it will figure out specific grain bill and hop additions? What's the best way to go about narrowing down this recipe?

Nope; it will take some trial and error. You could try contacting someone at the brewery directly to see if they'd be willing to divulge a little more information.

Back