Made JAOM 3 weeks ago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericksoncl23

Reaction score
It's still bubbling like crazy. Is that normal? It's in the warmest part of my house. So it's around 68 degrees in there. The only thing I did differently from his recipe is to regular honey from the grocery store and not the clover honey.

most grocery store honey is clover honey. but need not to fret about the bubbling. although its odd that its still going strong but many things could of caused the fermenting activity. as long as you used bread yeast, just wait until it clears up. the worst that can happen is it will have a higher abv

Some cranberry melomel I started in early December(Dec10) is still rolling along. It did go dormant for a couple weeks while I had my AC off (vacation) though. So i guess that makes four weeks and counting of bubbles. However my take on the JAOM (apples instead of oranges) that I started the week before that one was done and cleared a couple days ago.

I keep my house at the same temp or lower, so that might have something to do with it. The yeasts can't get too furious in there... I figure the baker's yeast might not be a very precise strain like brewer's yeasts are, so we both might have some super tolerant yeasts going on as well. That's my best guess, I'm no expert.

Back