M44 Yeast Pitch Rate in 1.070 IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HT Shen

Reaction score
To whom it my concerned,

I would like to double check how many package of M44 would need to be pitched in the beer.
I use this yeast for my WCIPA, and the OG is 1.070 in 22 liter wort. (Finished beer is 18.5 liter).

According to the instruction, 1 package can be used for 23 liter For my recently brew.
Regarding the OG is high, I pitch 2 package (No re-hydrate) in the beer.

After drinking the beer, I taste the off-flavor which the stress yeast at the beginning of stage.
In this way, I am thinking about if the amount of pitch yeast is not enough for 1.070 OG beer.

I check the brewfather and other software to check if the pitch rate is ok or not.
It looks like that the 1.070 beer needs to be pitched "3" package of the yeast to reach the amount of yeast what we want. (See attached, I cannot find the cell amount in M44 data sheet. It just show >5 billion cell per gram )
1716254144347.png

1716254112419.png

So, I would like to know the suggestion in official side. How many package of the yeast which I need to pitch for 1.070 beer? or Any processes which I can improved for this. Please check more information as follows.

1. OG : 1.070
2.FG: 1.006
3. No - rehydrate, Sprinkle contents directly
4. Transfer the beer to fermentation tank by Kegland Sergeant Sparge Head in order to fill more oxygen into the beer, and shake 1 min fermentation tank

Thanks for the help!

2 packs should be fine for 1.070. That's what i use for that gravity. What is your fermentation temp, and how long do you let it ferment?

Back