Mötley brew ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbhank

Reaction score
I'm thinking about making a 1 gallon batch by just throwing together all the stuff that I have left over from other batches I've made. What do you guys think I should do with:

2 lb amber LME
.5 lb wheat LME
50 g crystal 20
~1 oz citra hops
.2 oz Columbus hops
~2 oz perle hops
Vanilla extract
Coffee
Honey
Grains of paradise
US-05 yeast
West coast ale yeast
*** I can also go out and buy some basic stuff (like fruit) at a local grocery store.

Let's get creative!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

A 1 gallon batch seems like too much effort for a small reward.

My vote is a big IPA:

Amber, wheat, and crystal, + 4 ozs sugar.

Columbus at 60, and citra split evenly between 10, 0, and dry. Could use some of the pearle at 60 to increase the IBUs.

S-05

Should give you about an 11% IPA.

I decided on a 1 gallon batch because my big fermenter is already being used for a blueberry blonde. Besides, I like to use my 1 gallon Carboy for experiments. I ended up using the amber, and wheat LME as well as the citra hops and grains of paradise to make a spicy amber ale. I added some chili flakes at different times in the boil. To be honest, when I tasted it after the boil, it was just terrible. It had an almost bitterly spiced aftertaste. I'm just gonna wait and see how it turns out. After all, it's not like I wasted money on the ingredients

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back