Lucky Enough to Grab Citra Hops....hmmm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshay

Reaction score
I just recent had zombie dust from three floyds, and just found out it was single hopped with citra. So I went to my lhbs and was lucky enough to find citra hops stocked up. I looked online and there was a shortage of citra hops, so I picked up 5 oz. I was woundering if there is a worth while all grain reciepe you guys know of that I can try with my first all grain, and all of these citra hops?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

:mug:

Did you have that Zombie Dust on draft? That is a mighty tastey beer. I think if I had a pile of citra I would brew a Zombie clone. Which I might do.

I snagged 5oz last time I hit up my lhbs as well! Currently planning on using them in a citrillo IIPA I'm working on

My girlfriend loves citra hops and IPA's, so I came up with this.

11 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row)
1 lbs 4.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L
1 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L
8.0 oz Vienna Malt
4.0 oz Cara-Pils/Dextrine
0.50 oz Citra [13.40 %] - Boil 60.0 min
0.50 oz Citra [13.40 %] - Boil 45.0 min
0.50 oz Citra [13.40 %] - Boil 20.0 min
0.75 oz Citra [13.40 %] - Boil 10.0 min
0.75 oz Citra [13.40 %] - Boil 0.0 min
2.00 oz Citra [13.40 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days
California Ale (White Labs #WLP001

Did you have that Zombie Dust on draft? That is a mighty tastey beer. I think if I had a pile of citra I would brew a Zombie clone. Which I might do.

I have it every time I can get it here in Chicago.

Also chose a zombie dust clone as my first home brew last night. The moment you get the hops out you recognize the flavor/aroma of the Citra from Zombie Dust. I want to put that stuff in a Glade candle.. :mug:

Yes, I was lucky enough to get to have Zombie Dust on tap as well as picking up 2 six packs from the brewery.

I would love to do a zombie dust clone or any IPA that uses solely citra hops. Juicly and fruity type of hops, love the stuff.

If any of you could post the ZD clone or something of the sort for me to try with my citra hops and first all grain brew that would be awsome.

Thanks again,

Latest posts

Back