Low bitterness in beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elijah

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So this one didn't go all well from the start... low efficiency, not enough hops for boiling. Yes, I admit, I needed to get rid of my old raw materials to make a new purchase.

The FG is 1.014 (starting 1.060) and it tastes nice, a bit sweet, but nice sweet (I think it's the honey).

The only two issues is - 1: aroma, 2- bitterness.

Now I can fix the first one with dry hopping.
But can anyone please tell me there is a way to increase bitterness?

Thank you,

Eli

Hop oils are isomerized by heat and that causes the bitterness you want. Make a hop tea and let it stay near the boiling point for at least 30 minutes, then add that to your beer (carefully so you don't splash to add oxygen).

Hop oils are isomerized by heat and that causes the bitterness you want. Make a hop tea and let it stay near the boiling point for at least 30 minutes, then add that to your beer (carefully so you don't splash to add oxygen).

Thanks for the reply, any calculated formulas or just use common sense and my penny worth experience?

Latest posts

Back