Love trying new stuff!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springmom

Reaction score
So today I broke open a box of loose tea I'd bought from Mountain Rose Herbs. It's called Hibiscus High Tea and it makes Red Zinger taste like lawn clippings. At any rate, remembering that one can make herbal mead and then call it metheglin (although you'd probably best learn to pronounce it...note to self). Following a recipe from Terry Garey's book, The Joy Of Home Winemaking, I got itgoing today. Gorgeous red color (with both hibiscus and rose petals it will hopefully stay that way). It's a one gallon batch, but I expect I'll want to do a bigger one later. And it doesn't have to rest for years. Good to go in 3-6 months.

Good on yer!

Sounds like it should make a good batch......

Just remember there are, really too many variables as to how its likely to turn out i.e. whether it'll be drinkable in your time span.

There are many things you can do to modify the flavours as they come out of the fermenter. Plus, its fair to mention that most meads, when young, can taste hideous. Which doesn't mean its bad. It needs a minimum of time/age.......

Back