Lost all my beer :( Problems with Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigE

Reaction score
So I'm new to kegging and I've had some issues with the plastic hose faucet that came with my kit. Everytime I dispense the beer a little bit of beer continues to dribble out the plastic facuet. I usually just wait till it's done dribbling or I quickly push the lever to the other side to get it to stop. My wife does not know this trick. Last night she poured herself a beer and then went to bed. This morning I now have an empty keg and my beautifull DogFish 60 clone is puddled in my fridge and poured out all over my garage. Is there a trick to these faucet's that I should know about? Or should I just get another faucet? Or another type?

image_812.jpg

I've recently started kegging using these and haven't seen that problem - try taking it apart, checking the seals and reassembling, or if you can get them cheaply just pick up another!

I would either get a new faucet, or see if you can repair the existing one. They are inexpensive, so perhaps getting a new one would be money well spent (versus an empty keg).

Get a new Cobra tap. Sounds like it may be gummed up and not closing properly. I maybe get a drip or two out of mine, but that's it.

edit: Keep the wife. At least she likes beer. You just have to train her.

Back