Looking to make a strong Belgian!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinneths

Reaction score
Here is what I have:

Golden Light Dry Malt Extract 6 lbs.
WLP570 Belgian Golden Ale Yeast
Tettnang hops 4 oz.

I also have several other left over malts from my kits.. Carapils and chocolate I think.

Going to need more information before anyone gives you any advise...

What size batch?

What's your target OG? FG? This is important because if you want a strong ale, you probably need some sort of candied sugar to get the OG you want.

What is your target color rating?

Target IBU?

How old is your grain? Has it been stored in an air tight container? How much of it do you have?

What you have is basically just a typical Ale fermented with Belgian Yeast. You can try it and it might taste okay, but if you're trying to make your own recipe you have a lot more work to do

Going to need more information before anyone gives you any advise...

What size batch?

What's your target OG? FG? This is important because if you want a strong ale, you probably need some sort of candied sugar to get the OG you want.

What is your target color rating?

Target IBU?

How old is your grain? Has it been stored in an air tight container? How much of it do you have?

What you have is basically just a typical Ale fermented with Belgian Yeast. You can try it and it might taste okay, but if you're trying to make your own recipe you have a lot more work to do

looking to make 5 gallon batch
I was looking to add 2 lbs cane sugar
I wouldn't mind if the ale had some darkness to it =)
Here is what I have: Weyermann Carafa II
Weyermann Dark Munich
One pound of Weyermann CaraMunich II
And Weyermann Roasted Barley

Grains have been kept sealed

Haven't learned OG FG... Have brewed 6 kits without mesaurmeents and they have turned out ok.. I need to learn to do these readings and start

Any recipe suggestions with the above ingredients?

Thanks for everyone's input

-chinneths
Any recipe suggustions with

and of course I still have: Golden Light Dry Malt Extract 6 lbs.
WLP570 Belgian Golden Ale Yeast
Tettnang hops 4 oz.

thanks

Back