looking short/wide ~40 qt brew pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmbigda

Reaction score
Looking for a recommendation for a short 35-40+ qt brew pot. I have found myself reverting back to stove top brewing, but my overhead microwave is limiting. I have been using a 32 qt black ceramic pot for many years for all grain 5 gal full boil. But as many already know, this is too close for comfort and is prone to boil overs. Since I need a 2nd pot anyways for HLT, I would like to go larger.

I have been searching for a slightly larger pot that will fit underneath my microwave with lid on for expediting the start of the boil. The microwave clearance is 14-1/2".

There is a 35 qt option made by Prime Pacific that is apparently 11" tall. But several Amazon reviews mention handles snapping off, and that of course is very scary. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00107EARQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I used this one for quite a while, before moving up to a bigger BK. It worked great, and the price was right. IIRC, the height (not counting lid) was just over 12 inches.

thanks! I did not see that one. Expensive but probably worth it if I'm going to be doing the stove top brew regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back