Looking for Stainless Blowoff Tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchawk

Reaction score
Long story short...

For a good while I've been using a piece of plastic tubing jammed into a plastic airlock as a blow off tub.

This has been working great but I end up having to replace the whole assembly periodically because I struggle to get them clean after a really vigorous fermentation. As most of you probably know once the tube is on the airlock it likely isn't coming back off and if you pull too hard you break the cheap plastic airlock.

While airlocks and tubing are fairly cheap I hate wasting material so I was wondering if anyone found a piece of stainless food safe tubing in the right size which could replace the plastic airlock in my setup?

If so let me know your story and where you found it.

Thanks in advance!

Have you checked with bargainfittings.com? They not only sell SS tubing but also customize it for you with up to 20" and two bends. I had them make a whirlpool tube for me and it is great!

Have you checked with bargainfittings.com? They not only sell SS tubing but also customize it for you with up to 20" and two bends. I had them make a whirlpool tube for me and it is great!

Nice, I'll take a look thanks!

it could but it might clog, i haven't found any SS racking canes over 5/8". Might be better off getting a 1" at bargain fittings.

The issue I'm having with the 1" is now nothing is standard. I have to find new rubber grommets that the local home brew store isn't going to carry and none of the existing tubing will work...

The racking cane isn't a bad idea, I could just cut it to length... Interesting...

Hey everyone,
I have came up with the exact thing you are looking for! It's a 1" stainless blow off tube (304). I was having the same issues as you was also looking to save space
I made a quick video to show what it is.
[ame]http://youtu.be/X8LtbE6wOsw[/ame]
I'm not a business so please do delete this... just a metal fab guy trying to supplement a home brewing addiction. Please watch the video and email me if you like them. I'm sure one of the big supply guys will steal my idea eventually :)
cheers,
WIll - [email protected]

8.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

^^^^ that is awesome! I'm totally spreading that to my homebrew friends lol. I'll save your contact. Homebrewers rock lol

Latest posts

Back