Looking for some suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoryss364

Reaction score
I think I'm going to give home brewing a try. I've made wine a few times so hopefully I can do this. Just wanted some suggestions or recipes for a good relatively easy beer for the summer.

I will assume you want to start with extract brewing so I would visit a site like Northern Brewer or Midwest Supplies and look through their kits. Find a style you like and read through the comments. If you find one you like you can ask for input on it here as most of them have been brewed by someone :) these are all proven recipes and are pretty fool-proof to brew and come with all the ingredients you need with selected yeasts.

Wheats and pale ales are great easy to brew summer beers to start with and you can usually be drinking them within a month's time-

Cheers and welcome!

I agree, try your hand with a few proven extract kits. Blondes, Wits, Wheats, pale ales, saisons. All great summer beer!

I am also a winemaker....Most of your equipment is compatible and interchangeable with brewing equipment, it's generally the hot side that winemakers need to invest in since there isn't a hot side to wine making.

Welcome to the obsession.....

Classic first brew for most and not bad at all is mr beer west coast pale ala

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I'll make a trip to the brew store some time this week to see what they have in stock

Latest posts

Back