Looking for refreshing springtime beer recipe ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkrules6

Reaction score
There is nothing I enjoy more than the first warm day of spring. I'm looking for a spring-summer beer that I can drink out on the lawn in the sun. Leinenkugel summer shandy type, citrusy, whatever ideas anyone has to throw at me. My dad brewed a great lemony wheat beer a long while back and I was hoping to hit him with such a great beer that he starts brewing again.

Nothing says Spring to me like a Belgian Wit.
I made one last year with Orange blossom water that was pretty good.
No recipe for you though. The one I made was a basic extract base for a wit beer so I'm looking for a good all grain recipe myself to try it out again.

There is nothing I enjoy more than the first warm day of spring. I'm looking for a spring-summer beer that I can drink out on the lawn in the sun. Leinenkugel summer shandy type, citrusy, whatever ideas anyone has to throw at me. My dad brewed a great lemony wheat beer a long while back and I was hoping to hit him with such a great beer that he starts brewing again.

Berliner Weiss
Kolsch
Ginger saison
American wheat
Pilsener
American light lager
Cream ale
Blonde ale
"Anti imperial" anything -- half the SG of pretty much any normal beer. E.g. instead of a 1.055 beer, make a 1.030 beer.

American Wheat, APA or Blonde Ale, dry hopped with Centennial
So many options really; I suggested Centennial for the citrus and floral always reminds me of spring time with the flowers poking out

Pseudo-Kolsch APA with Cascade, Amarillo, & Hallertau Mittlefruh, a Pils Malt & White Wheat Malt base, and Wyeast 2565. Fermented around 55-63 F.

Search for the Centennial Blonde recipe here on homebrewtalk. It's a giant thread and a great citrusy-hopped spring-time beer.

Latest posts

Back