Looking For Porter/Stout Extact Recipe With S-23.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey55

Reaction score
Hey,

I've been looking and looking and haven't found an extract recipe that fits everything that I'm looking for.

1st - It needs to be at lager temps because my fermentation chamber in my garage dips down to 50* at night.
2nd - I would like low IBU's. Under 20 would be nice.
3rd - I would like to use single hops. I've been wanting to try East Kent Golding.
4th - 6%+ ABV would be nice. I have no qualms in using sugar to raise the ABV.
5th - The simpler the better. ;)

I expect to steep specialty grains. This does not have to be a knock out beer nor anything I'll brag about.

THANKS!!!

Elias

Check out the Baltic Rye Porter recipe in my pulldown. It seems to have everything you want.

A note - it is not necessary to bottle condition as long as I did. 8 oz. of oak was WAY too much and it took about 6 months to mellow. (As for the comment, my friend likes really oak-y beers. I was not such a fan until it mellowed.) Then the bottles got lost under some construction junk. If you cut the oak back to an ounce or two, it'll be great in a sane amount of time. In fact, the oak isn't necessary at all. It's great without.

Thanks for the response. I looked at your recipe. What if I did East Kent Goldings at 60 and 10 instead of Perle at 60min? How would it taste?

E

Back