Looking for great 3gal all grain IPA recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paliessmann

Reaction score
I want to start doing all grain but I'm slightly limited on equipment but I think I can pull it off in smaller batches. So I was wonderingif you guys can help me out with a small batch IPA recipe?

Beer recipes scale so if you have a 5 gallon batch in mind just divide it out.

8lbs 2row, 4oz C90. .75oz bittering hops, 1.5oz hops each at 15, 5, and 1. Amarillo, Citra, Centennial, Chinook, Cascade, Simcoe; some combination of some of those, whatever you have/can get. Should be a killer IPA. More late addition hops are encouraged, but not required :)

RainyDay said:
8lbs 2row, 4oz C90. .75oz bittering hops, 1.5oz hops each at 15, 5, and 1. Amarillo, Citra, Centennial, Chinook, Cascade, Simcoe; some combination of some of those, whatever you have/can get. Should be a killer IPA. More late addition hops are encouraged, but not required :)

Thanks bro, seems like exactly what I'm looking for

I'd swap out the crystal and a portion of the 2-row for some Munich, maybe 25-30% of the grist. That's just my preference, though. I'd also suggest including four or five ounces of Cara-Pils.

I agree that you can't go wrong with those hops. I'm partial to Amarillo and Simcoe and maybe some Centennial. Don't forget the dry hops.

Agree with the above. I like lighter crystal in my ipas though and no carapils. C40 or less. A bit of honey malt will pair well with citrus based hops. Mash at 151, aim for an og of 1060, bitter to 70 ibus, and use about 6 ounces between your late addition and dry hops for a 3 gallon batch.

Back