Looking for Beerbug alternative.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Figgy15

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers!

As I stated in the title, I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the beerbug. I would like to be able to monitor my fermentation from anywhere using a web based interface. I've read that you can do some interesting things with a Raspberry Pi...which I do own (Version 3). I currently have an STC-1000 to control my temps but want to take my geekiness to the next level. Hoping someone has input on this. Thank you all.

Check out the Tilt... I have two and they're awesome. Integrated them with my BrewPi setup for even more awesomeness! There is a big thread on these on here... search for Brewometer (the original name)

https://tilthydrometer.com

Wow that looks amazing! But it says the mobile device needs to be close (Within 25 feet) to the tilt in order to get data to it. Does the brewpi setup allow you to view it remotely from anywhere?

Yes... I use a rPi 3 since it has built in wifi and Bluetooth. That sits close to my fermenters and I can view my graphs anywhere if I wanted to. I know lots of folks who have bought a cheap tablet with BT though and simply use that to log the data to the cloud. If you go down that road, check out that thread for some suggestions on that front.

Back