Looking for advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_ale_scale

Reaction score
So I'm more or less against beer competitions (because I don't think that should be the only way to get recognition) but I'm thinking of entering an Irish red ale in the Michigan beer cup. The red I brewed was so far my most disappointing beers that I brewed. It just didn't turn out how I wanted but I feel that it fits the guidelines to a T. So I was trying to register for the competition but couldn't figure out how to create an account. Is it too early? Should I take the plunge? Should I wait till I have a beer that makes me happy first? Any advice is welcome, and thank you in advance

Their website isn't updated. All the info is for last year's competition. The deadline is July 9, so you should have plenty time.

The only thing you have to lose is your entry fee. I haven't tasted it so I'm not sure how "bad" it is. If you feel it fits the guidelines and is free of offending off-flavors then why not go for it. If you know something is obviously wrong with it, then the feedback you get might not be that constructive.

Ok, then go for it! When you said "was by far the most disappointing" I assumed there was something wrong with it.

Latest posts

Back