Looking for advice. New gluten free recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danieljhb

Reaction score
Hi all new guy here who's on a massive full brewing kick ...
So far 2 different brews this weekend .... Hopefully can go for a third...

Testing a few full grain recipes.
And had an idea of a gluten free recipe.
Anyone have any comments/ experience that
they might have....

Gluten free idea.

2kg King Korn malted sorgum
2kg rice
1kg brown sugar
1kg frozen black cherries
Dried juniper berries instead of hops ?
Safale t58 yeast

Thanks again
D

I haven't tried anything like this and don't have much to add, but do let us know how this turns out! Experimentation is always pretty interesting to hear about.

What’s the reason for juniper berries? Hops are gluten free. Or are you just wanting to make an experimental beer? I’ve never made a beer anything like this so don’t have much to add

What’s the reason for juniper berries? Hops are gluten free. Or are you just wanting to make an experimental beer? I’ve never made a beer anything like this so don’t have much to add
Re the juniper / that's just for an experiment . That being said alot of early beers were flavoured with juniper .
There is also this massive gin revolution happening world wide and thus. If I can pull off a great beer. I might have a potentialy commercial product on my hands ..( I wish )

I haven't tried anything like this and don't have much to add, but do let us know how this turns out! Experimentation is always pretty interesting to hear about.
Experimenting is why I love beer and brewing . Will post when I brew it.
Right now struggling to get the right sorgum to rice ratio to get a expected starch extraction. ( Iodine test at 4hours : still stach pressent with the rice / replacing the rice with maize meal commenly used in South African iodine test was 2hours: but wort tasted crap )
So the testing continues

Just a heads up.
This brew had a sg of 1046 and is still going great guns .
minimal "metalic" sorgum taste .at day 4

Back