Looking for a really ORANGE beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple, A little yellow and red food coloring will do the trick. You will never taste them.

A 100% Vienna malt beer will come out orange.

+1. Tasty too.

Caramunich will make a beer pretty orange, if it's with only base malt. I used this for the first time in a saison recently, it came out with a really vibrant, sunny orange color.

If you want it really orange, I'd do something turbid like a Witbier, then add a boatload of orange food coloring. The turbidity of the witbier will help make the orange brighter.

Also, I'd practice on a commercial bottle before committing to a whole batch using this method!

+2 on the Vienna, my SMASH with Vienna and Citra comes out great and it is pretty orange. Honey malt would work well too.

Wasnt there a "Sweet Potato ESB" recipe in a recent BYO that resulted in a bright orange beer (but with no taste of sweet potato)? I have considered brewing it for Halloween!

Back