Looking for a “Bell’s No yeah” clone or similar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kydan47

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recently had a Bell’s No Yeah and other than it being a blond wondered if anyone had a recipe for it or something similar? It’s pretty basic with less than 20 IBU’s and only a 4.5% blond but nice & crisp and pretty neutral/balanced?

Recently had a Bell’s No Yeah and other than it being a blond wondered if anyone had a recipe for it or something similar? It’s pretty basic with less than 20 IBU’s and only a 4.5% blond but nice & crisp and pretty neutral/balanced?
I’ve got nothing except to say that I’ve written to Bell’s before to ask about recipe and process, and they were helpful and quick to respond.

I have been looking around on and off for a clone of this little beer too. I was wondering if you ever ran onto anything?

Recently, at a club meet I had the pleasure of trying a blond ale that was not intended to be a direct clone of No Yeah - but we all agreed the brewer came awful close anyway. I jotted down the following to adjust to my system later"
He did a 5 gallon batch in a good old three vessel
9lb Breiss two row
.5 lb White wheat malt
.5 oz Centennial @ 60 min
.5 oz Centennial @ 15 min
Imperial A62 - Bell's House Yeast
Water was RO adjusted to yellow dry (I assumed on Beersmith)
He used no finings in the brew or the keg, and he said the ones we were drinking were about 3 weeks grain to glass. It had that slight haze of a fresh unfiltered ale and I thought it was quite close to No Yeah. Adjust to your system and see what you get - it is a cheap and simple enough critter to build. I am gonna give it a go shortly after the first of the year. I gotta stout and a cream ale on the work bench for tomorrow I think the Blonde will be right after those.

Back