Looking for 50A panel diagram to work from.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atomos

Reaction score
Is anyone willing to share the source for a 50A panel diagram so I may modify with my specifics? Happy to share the final product back out again or even send thank you beers! I have tinycad and Visio but can procure the needful for other software where reasonable.

It will be pretty typical Kal clone w/auber precut box, with DIN rail, estop, safe start, no float switches, 2 pumps, you know the drill. Really just looking for a place to start instead of repeating what others have done so many times...

I've been having a lot of fun setting up my brewery, finishing up the kettle fittings shortly and want to move on quickly to the panel.

Lesson learned to share, tell your welder 5 times that you need full ports to be threaded from the inside too, then tell them 3 more times. I've been spending way to much time with my head in a kettle listening to a Dremel.:confused:

What do you want in the panel more specifically? I have a bunch of designs, and need a better idea of what might be closest to what you are looking for. Unfortunately, they are done using software that is no longer available (QuickCAD ver 8). I can output in DFX or DWG, but don't know how well they will look after importing.

Brew on :mug:

Doesn't kals site have that info? I built my 30amp Kal clone solely using his info with ZERO house electrical experience. I've done close to 500 gallons on it and it's never skipped a beat or killed me. Cheers

Doesn't kals site have that info? I built my 30amp Kal clone solely using his info with ZERO house electrical experience. I've done close to 500 gallons on it and it's never skipped a beat or killed me. Cheers

All of the info required to accomplish the task is there... But not, specifically, wiring diagrams. Kal uses pictograms to show how/where to wire things up since a wiring diagram is usually too much hard to read information for someone without experience reading them.

What do you want in the panel more specifically? I have a bunch of designs, and need a better idea of what might be closest to what you are looking for. Unfortunately, they are done using software that is no longer available (QuickCAD ver 8). I can output in DFX or DWG, but don't know how well they will look after importing.
Brew on :mug:

The panel needs to control 2 elements that can fire at once, then all the usual suspects: 3 PIDs, DIN rail components, alarm, 2 pump switches, estop, etc. I'm actually less concerned with what's in it, and just finding a diagram that is somewhat close that I can modify. Checked out QuickCAD 8 and it does seem unavailable. :/ Thanks anyway!

Maybe I'm not understanding the question. I'm sure kals site has all the diagrams you need in a super easy format to build exactly what your asking for. Or you mean you specifically don't want a Kal clone setup?

Maybe I'm not understanding the question. I'm sure kals site has all the diagrams you need in a super easy format to build exactly what your asking for. Or you mean you specifically don't want a Kal clone setup?

Yes, all the individual pieces of information are out there, but I want one complete diagram before I wire anything. Rather than starting with nothing, i'm looking to borrow (and re-share) a file that is somewhat close so that I can modify it to my liking and individual component choices and run by the community for feedback. It's starting to look like I may just need to do it from scratch in TinyCAD.

I googled around and found this

*removed*

looks like a @doug293cz creation, but I can't speak for the source. At a glance, it looks like an original, but with inverted colors..

Actually, looking at that safe start circuit, I'm pretty sure I used the original of this a few weeks ago but forgot about it somehow.

Yep heres the source instead
dspr300-2-pump-2-element-50a-jpg.386823

Last edited:
You basically want what I built. Look here to see if you can find what you want. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/list-of-pj-electrical-diagrams.382286/

I modified a schematic and used the layout from the ebrew supply website and some elements from a PJ schematic. I did not like the Kal setup for many reasons.

50 amp is the way to go. As I type this I’m laying in bed drinking coffee while my strike water heats in my boil kettle and my HLT heats as well. I’m doing a back to back IPA/Pilsner brew day today. Also, it’s -5 degrees outside.

Last edited:
I've been working on converting Kal's pictograms into a schematic. I've got the door part done but haven't started on the rest of it.

Back