Long time lurker finally joined

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCanisDirus

Reaction score
Figured it was about time to officially join!

I started brewing back in college at PSU in 2004. Started with the extract kits and never quite "loved" what i was achieving. When i switched to all grain i quickly realized that was the way to go and i've been brewing and experimenting ever since. I have both scientific and artistic backgrounds and surprisingly i throw my beer hobby more into the art category.

I'm not one of those super scientific or anal brewers who must hit ±.5°F or freaks out when their efficiency drops etc. I treat brewing like i treat my cooking (big foodie here i'll admit it)... i'll be as exact as i need to but i like to make worry-free beer. I almost never follow BJCP style guidelines and enjoy brewing the majority of my beers and ciders on a whim. I brew exclusively ales (not a fan of 90% of lagers though i'll brew a few some day) and I love rustic farmhouses and classic Belgians. I'm also a hop head who is excited to get my hands on the new Equinox and Medusa hops.

I've learned a lot from a bunch of you guys and gals on here over the years and i just wanted to officially say hello... and more importantly, thank you!

Cheers!

Welcome to the group, from CO :mug:

Just tasted my Maibock before lagering it, already it is delicious. There are great craft lagers, they are harder to find for sure.

Thanks! Don't get me wrong, i appreciate a good lager; however, it's just not up on my priority list as something i want to brew and drink. When i have my time for my bi-weekly brewing session it usually comes down to... "Hmm, what do i want to drink in the next 2 months" lol.

Back