Long-Term Jockey Box project?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlyGuy

Reaction score
Make the first post a doozie, eh? Here's a project I'm about to pull the trigger on, but thought I'd ask the experts first. I'll start with an introduction: So I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and enjoying the wisdom and experience on the forum. I'd brewed for a number of years until my kids were born...well, that put a major crimp on my time! so fast forward 11 years and I'm now fully back in the saddle again, and it feels good! I work in a hospital, and they were recently getting rid of this little freezer. It has a Ranco thermostat that will accurately adjust from...well very cold to about 50 deg F. What I want to do is convert this to a fixed-position jockey box in my basement. The cooling elements are in the freezer compartment, and I'd fill the compartment with water...or a glycol solution along with the coil. I'm absolutely new to kegging, so any guidance would be great. Is this a fool's errand? I'm planning to keep my corny keg at cellar temp, and chill it through this apparatus. As an aside, using a stainless coil, how easy/difficult is stainless tubing to maneuver? I've only had experience with copper when making a wort chiller years ago--and I know stainless is no where near as malleable.
Well that's enough for a starter. thank you in advance for any insight or light you can shed.
Peace.
SlyGuy

iyD_qdSIoUgy-jGkAXhQreLYGf0e8jXZ1pfM_Nnnl5befqlisRwgu_I6ciyMKRnBNYe_59_h_rPPMkz0Pol6oRQBobK4nbyLhP01Ik9mWukrGB8xitMzotOA3mnJIoDpCIXcU8beJgfMWs1DCD66rPa_8pMIrJXzPYVYscmRPX_K49OP5NZoBSiCkFarOUIuUuLpvf56THinjKEU4bdibZCod0S27JieH_sULTKca6Z__PQyWqscL2_k17zq6J-INbIm42nCWbkbZ_79ya03mC-aaN20dSxV4eHMkIbU7lszrfT8x9HYnpBcVcTh59KRN0M1zRmzp-4e98H8049h5hoq8f0KVG8LbXmNHsYV5cQiquuukNKFyjGzQGlVYj_atvgRjMIJdG7XptJOdCZxbEpz-AfdDcpYB_XeeyEpomvC-cL-b0qjcYMvgHz8XIP644RoV6Xicc3w7kPCYfxDNR24chua4c1rnvmAtSC2nSAXkrIajaCIL1J8H_EStetQY-nXd-p8LTaHsFkECnZS3ZWP2ug5ZzgrY4nyVA3lWql0sJ3n_iz5EPd6CtYNccqDJOPMVzQEVq_-RPR47YU2r75HOaw-KkvnDPlUvUzC9UOikf3QlxykQJ7TCdI-cKC-kAwUqtT1_66LfkVRflvF_wYVDGiUlw9JeMDnG6xlUdP6Ty619OJnqMN8mo3UIl4=w511-h908-no

Welcome to HBT!
Sounds like an interesting project.

Sadly, your picture is not showing, and the embedded image link leads to nowhere.
Can you please edit your post and properly link to what you want to show us?

:mug:

Back