Lo-rent bottle washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopfan

Nice Beaver....
Reaction score
This doesn't really belong in the DIY section since I don't consider it very elegant, but...

I was sitting at my local watering hole on one of the rare occasions that I can go out lately and I was watching the bartender wash the glasses on those cool glassware washing things with the brush and the pump. Since I haven't brewed in quite a long time, but havent' slowed down on the drinking of my stock, I have many cases of empties to get clean. In the past, washing up a case or two was no big deal, but with about 12 cases, I needed to find a better way. So, an unused pond pump, a bottle brush, some pvc fittings and a small plastic cutting board later (Honey, I owe you a new cutting board), I had this bottle washer. Works great and makes it so much faster & easier to wash the nasties out. Next step is to add a foot switch to control the pump and I'll be smokin' through those bottles. Not elegant, but sometimes brute force & ignorance work too.

Mounting Detail.JPG

Brush Detail.JPG

Bottle Washer in place.JPG

Back