List your favorite 3 beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its hard to decide.

But if I HAD to pick today it would be without a doubt:

1) Two Brothers Cain & Ebel
2) 3 Floyds Dreadnought
3) Two Brothers Northwind

hmm

1. guinness atop the guinness store house and throughout dublin

I would have to agree that is a bit of heaven isn't it lol. Just doesn't taste the same of here.

But my 3 would have to be:
Pliny the Elder - Had one the other day and WOW
Ninkasi Total Domination IPA - I don't think I will ever get sick of it
and Arrogant Bastard or the Oaked Version both delicious

PS bad thread to come across while at work. I'm thirsty now :mug:

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?*

I've got seventeen different opinions on this matter, all of which depend on how I'm feeling when I fancy a pint.

Anyway.

Piddlebrook Bitter, brewed by The Rainbow, on the high street in Allesley, on the old Birmingham Road outside Coventry. Glorious pint, fresh as a daisy, only £1.50 per pint.

The Ship Inn brewpub, in Milford, NJ, brew a Mild that's the best example of the style I've tasted in the US.

Whatever I've brewed that I happen to have in a pint glass at any given moment.

Cheers,

Bob

* 34,189.429 Look it up!

Sheesh. How does one choose?

If I were to be stranded on a deserted island, I'd prolly have to have

1. Sierra Nevada Torpedo. But it'd have to be brewed right there. I suspect it doesn't age well.
2. Green Flash West Coast IPA.
3. Sheaf Oatmeal Stout. I'd never starve with that beer. :)

Of course, if I really was to find myself on a deserted island, I'd figure out what could be fermented locally and brew my own. :)

At the moment, in no particular order:

Bell's Hopslam
Duck Rabbit Milk Stout
Terrapin India Brown Ale

How long is a piece of string?

Having lived and worked in bars in Germany I like my pils of all sorts, with my favourite being Koenig Pils, Warsteiner with a good cellar regime can be fantastic too. I like Aventinus Hefe Schwarzbier as one of the few strong beers that I drink and when it comes to it one of the other best ones I like is Koestritzer Schwarzbier which is a really good beer too.

I like my Irish Guinness and it's my go to drink in an Irish bar, but I'd not drink it outside of Ireland.

Too many beers, not enough time.

The best beers of the lot are English Real Ales, they are not to be beaten and too numerous in taste, quality, flavour and style to even bother listing, but a particularly good cask conditoined ale when it's running nicely is "Old Speckled Hen", a noteworthy bottle is the Newcastle Brown Ale.

I also think that Belgian beers are totally overrated, I'm a much bigger fan of the lighter German styles, if you want a 9% beer, you should really be drinking wine :)

Hmm, big fan of IIPAs...so I'll just go with my latest top 3 - probably changes weekly...

-Averys- Maharaja
-Southern Tier- Unearthly
-Shmaltz- He'Brew Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A.

My three favorites ATM are:

Oaked Arrogant Bastard
Ellezelloise Hercule Stout
Thornbridge Jaipur IPA

Pick 3..... I'll pick 3 for the season. Ask me in the summer and it would be completely different.

Bell's Third Coast Old Ale
Corsendonk Abbey brown
Unibroue Maudite

Comments: Belgian beers are great. I don't drink them because of their ABV, I think of them as great beers, some of which happen to have high ABV. They are very complex beers and perfect for sipping. Wine tends to finish very hot, a good belgian beer does not finish that hot.

I like DFH, just went to their alehouse. But Midas Touch had to be one of the worst beers I've ever drunk. I almost threw up in my mouth and may have committed abeertion. Most people I talk to love the beer though.

If I cannot figure out a new beer to drink or am out of homebrew then I stick to these: (no particular order)

1. DFH 90
2. Sweetwater 420
3. Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout
4. and PBR

My last one, my present one, and my next one...:D:mug:

I whole heartedly agree with this one. All three of them are homebrew(yes I already know what i'm gonna drink next). Other than that it would be:
1) Guinness (yeah-yeah)
2) Magic Hat #9
3) Black Radish by Weeping Radish Brewco.

I've seen a lot of love given to DFH, but no one has listed Raison d'Etre!

1. Ommegang Ommegeddon
2. Tommyknocker Imperial Nut Brown
3. DFH Raison d'Etre

and because its impossible to choose three, tied for 1st- Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar, 2nd- Left Hand Milk Stout, and 3rd- Shipyard Export Ale.

+1 for the love given to Spaten Optimator, only $5/bottle at Penguin Pub in Boston!

-Andrew
Boston, MA

On a desert island...

1. Pliny the Elder
2. Mac n Jack's African Amber
3. Ommegang Three Philosopers

keg definition | Dictionary.com

keg=small cask. I've never seen full sized casks at a bar. still looking though.

B

Sorry, but there's no easy way to say this: You're wrong. Dictionary.com is useless for jargon terms. The brewing definitions between cask beer and keg beer have nothing to do with size. There are 5-liter kegs and casks of 18 Imperial gallons. It's what's inside the container that determines what you call it.

Cask beer is living, unfiltered beer served with no extraneous carbon dioxide gas. It is naturally conditioned - e.g., carbonated - in the container from which it is dispensed, and no CO2 'top pressure' is used to push the beer from the cask to the glass.

Keg beer, on the other hand, is generally filtered, artificially carbonated, dead beer racked into the keg after carbonation, served with CO2 top pressure pushing the beer from keg to tap to glass.

I've used 5-gallon Corny kegs for both types of beer, actually. One week, the 'beer out' fitting is attached to a handpump and the CO2 fitting sucking in air. The next week, the beer's going to a Perlick faucet with 10 psi of CO2 on the inlet side. Week One = Cask. Week Two = Keg.

Simple as that! :D

Bob

1) Russian River- Pliny the Elder
2) Deschutes Brewery- The Abyss
3) Tie between Stone Ruination, Stone anniv. XI, and Laurelwood Espresso Stout.

Back