Limoncello Cream Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim_c7

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Limoncello Cream is a rich, creamy, tart drink. It is served ice cold, usually as a digestif or for dessert. Personally, I find it best late in evening when I want a little relaxing. I makes for a great gift and lasts years in the freezer. I make a few batches a year for friends, family, and myself. I always bring some out during dinner parties.

INGREDIENTS

• 10-12 Organic Lemons (or Limes, Oranges, Grapefruit, etc...) - Try to stay away from the waxy ones
  • 2 Liters Milk ( I use Whole or 2% )
  • 2 Kilograms White Granulated Sugar (2.2 lbs)
  • 1 Liter of 95% Alcohol (i.e. Everclear)
  • 1-3 Vanilla Beans (Split open) - Optional
PROCEDURE:

Zest/Peel the lemons: make sure you take only the yellow part of the skin (the white part is too bitter). Place the skins and the alcohol in a glass container, and let it sit for 20 or more days in a dark and cool place (you can use either a dark bottle or just cover a regular bottle with aluminum foil).

When the mixture of alcohol and lemon peels is ready, filter it to get rid of the peels. Warm milk with sugars and vanilla for about 5-10 minutes, stirring. After the sugar is dissolved let it cool to room temperature and add the alcohol. Strain the mixture and transfer into glass bottles. Store it in the freezer.

I fill about 8 500 ml swing top bottles with one recipe. Feel free to adjust quantity as you wish. Just keep the ratio of ingredients the same.

I hope you enjoy.

IMG_20160415_103428.jpg

IMG_20160410_152654.jpg

Back