like getting raspberry from a beaver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubnserved

Reaction score
So I am reading the news and I come across this.
http://news.yahoo.com/52-people-die-drinking-poisoned-beer-mozambique-115240243.html

wtf is wrong with people? And how would you get enough crocodile bile to poison about 25 gallons of beer minimum? And how do you hide the taste? Must be some pretty nasty tasting beer to begin with. The only thing that I could think of was trying to get the raspberry flavor from a beaver, another bad idea just not as dangerous. :drunk::confused:

Just look for the person missing fingers. I am not sure how one goes about milking a crocodile for bile, but I would assume it would probably be hazardous to appendages.

I'm thinking the crocodile bile was added to improve the taste.
If I mention it at my brew club, someone will start working on Crocodile Bile Stout.
Pass it on to Billy Klubb, he'll use it in a video.

I thought this thread had a whole 'nother meaning.
Regards, GF.

Yeah epic fail on the title. I grew up in the north west where/when a beaver was a beaver. I think more of a fact that the damn things could flood your land before you knew that they were there. It wasn't until I moved to the Midwest that I heard a beaver could be something better than just a pelt. :D

Puns intended.

As for it actually being a true story I have no idea and could not find definitive article on the use or effects of crocodile bile. I did however look up the beaver raspberry thing and it is true. The glands near the anus (not traditional glands) of a beaver are used in perfume, medicine (uncommon today) and as "natural flavor", specifically vanilla, raspberry and strawberry. Of course if all beavers tasted like raspberry.....

Latest posts

Back