Life = good beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewman551

Reaction score
Hey all,
It has been a really long time since I've posted anything here. Guess I've been quietly going along with my extract brewing life, trying to keep the pipeline going, and three days ago, a friend of mine - a brother in law of a closer friend who distills occasionally, had a heart attack. He died today after being unplugged. He was 48 and could have retired at the end of this month with 30 years at his fire station.

It got me thinking, and I came to this conclusion. Life is too short to not drink good beer daily, and really to not drink homebrew daily. I told my wife, as we were watching the carbonation continuing to bubble for 10 minutes after I poured one: that comes from yeast, from nature. Proof that God wants us to be happy and enjoy homebrew, as Ben Franklin (kind of) said.

Enjoy a cold one tonight, friends.

Hey all,
It has been a really long time since I've posted anything here. Guess I've been quietly going along with my extract brewing life, trying to keep the pipeline going, and three days ago, a friend of mine - a brother in law of a closer friend who distills occasionally, had a heart attack. He died today after being unplugged. He was 48 and could have retired at the end of this month with 30 years at his fire station.

It got me thinking, and I came to this conclusion. Life is too short to not drink good beer daily, and really to not drink homebrew daily. I told my wife, as we were watching the carbonation continuing to bubble for 10 minutes after I poured one: that comes from yeast, from nature. Proof that God wants us to be happy and enjoy homebrew, as Ben Franklin (kind of) said.

Enjoy a cold one tonight, friends.

My next saison pour will be in your friends memory, rest his soul. Sorry for your loss.

I wholeheartedly agree. Any reminder of our own mortality only strengthens the argument to enjoy what you have here on our earth rather than avoid, ignore, or even postpone the inevitable.

Here's to cold beer, hot women, and warm welcomes.... Cheers, man.

That's a good sentiment just in general. You never know how much time you have left, so why not live life to the fullest?

I raise an IPA in your friend's memory.

My condolences regarding the death of such a young man. Regarding your newly found philosophy, I can say that I've always been a hedonist - whatever does not directly provide me pleasure is directly taking away from my pleasure.

Find your soul and live it, man. If you're a viking, then be a viking. et cetera.

Back