Lemon Bread Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irpinc

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm just wacked out on this or not, lol, but I'm gonna try it next month.

20lbs Maris Otter Pale
4lbs Biscuit Malt
2lbs Vienna Malt
2lbs Crystal 60
2oz Centennial (60)
1oz Sorachi Ace (20)
1oz Sorachi Ace (2)
WLP009 Australian

Lookin for a very nice, smooth malty brew with a hint of lemony yumminess. Not even sure if there is a style of guideline for this type of brew.

I welcome all suggestions! THANKS as always.

I assume that is for a 10 gallon batch? Seems like you would want to add more Sorachi to really get a lemon character. Some lemon zest might be a good idea as well, it worked well in a belgian single I brewed.

Actually an 11 gallon. Then I get 2 full cornies.

I was wondering. This will be my first experience with Sorachi and I don't want to overpower the Lemon. I was toying with the idea of lemon zest too. Do you add at the end of boil?

Yeah, I added the zest from 2 lemons at flameout for 5 gallons. I was surprised at how subtle the contribution was though, you could easily double the amount.

Actually an 11 gallon. Then I get 2 full cornies.

I was wondering. This will be my first experience with Sorachi and I don't want to overpower the Lemon. I was toying with the idea of lemon zest too. Do you add at the end of boil?

You can, but I find that it works better if you steep citrus zest in the secondary.

Cool beans. THANKS for the input. I'll give it a whirl and let ya know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back